Blue Shift High-Definition Pack (no they didn't forget)

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2005 4:37:01 PM

From planethalflife.com.

VALVe Weekly Update 1 Comments
8/26/2005 19:25 PST | Steam | by Pratt

This week, news about the High-Definition Pack (no they didn't
forget), and some more DoD teasing:

Bringing owners of the original Half-Life a blast-from-the-past™,
earlier this week we released "Half-Life: Blue Shift" on Steam. This
game was made by Gearbox Software and originally released in 2001 as
an add-on to Half-Life. In it, you play as Barney Calhoun, the
security guard sidekick who helped Gordon out of so many sticky
situations back in the Black Mesa Research Facility.

Fans will remember that Blue Shift included a "High Definition Pack,"
a set of visually enhanced player and weapon models. We've had to iron
out some technical wrinkles with how we deliver the HD Pack, but it
will be made available through Steam within the next week or so.
August 27, 2005 8:22:45 PM

"desert" <youmustbe@joking.co.com> wrote in message
> From planethalflife.com..............

Yep, "Wahey's" are in order.

Neil
Anonymous
August 29, 2005 11:12:47 PM

great news

still have the original somewhere

and started playing the steam version again

James

"desert" <youmustbe@joking.co.com> wrote in message
> From planethalflife.com.
>
> VALVe Weekly Update 1 Comments
> 8/26/2005 19:25 PST | Steam | by Pratt
>
> This week, news about the High-Definition Pack (no they didn't
> forget), and some more DoD teasing:
>
> Bringing owners of the original Half-Life a blast-from-the-pastT,
> earlier this week we released "Half-Life: Blue Shift" on Steam. This
> game was made by Gearbox Software and originally released in 2001 as
> an add-on to Half-Life. In it, you play as Barney Calhoun, the
> security guard sidekick who helped Gordon out of so many sticky
> situations back in the Black Mesa Research Facility.
>
> Fans will remember that Blue Shift included a "High Definition Pack,"
> a set of visually enhanced player and weapon models. We've had to iron
> out some technical wrinkles with how we deliver the HD Pack, but it
> will be made available through Steam within the next week or so.

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 2:57:11 AM

At that very moment, desert turned to alt.games.half-life and said
> Fans will remember that Blue Shift included a "High Definition Pack,"
> a set of visually enhanced player and weapon models. We've had to iron
> out some technical wrinkles with how we deliver the HD Pack, but it
> will be made available through Steam within the next week or so.

That's pretty damn awesome.

So many companies just forget about their games as soon as they're out
the door, it's great to see Valve doing something useful with them

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

<Sniff - boo hoo..>

I want the old Barney with the new texture pack!!

;)

Neil
!