Ricoh R1V

Hi, has anyone had anything to do with the ricoh caplio R1, I am thinking of
buying the caplio R1V which is the 5 MP version of the R1. I can't seem to
find any reviews on these cameras.

chappy wrote:
> Hi, has anyone had anything to do with the ricoh caplio R1, I am thinking of
> buying the caplio R1V which is the 5 MP version of the R1. I can't seem to
> find any reviews on these cameras.

I've had the Caplio R1 for about a month - so far, it's been great apart
from usual P&S problem with useless flash (~2m range).

The zoom is a bit noisy when going from tele to wide, but all the
reviews mantion it, and it does not appear to be a problem. Battery life
is excellent, approx 1 sec from switching on to being able to to take a
photo, fast autofocus, also has continuous mode. Not to slow writing to
card either. Haven't experimented with movie mode yet.

I would recommend it.

Google threw up the following reviews on the first page of search
results - I haven't looked at any of them.

www.photographyblog.com/reviews_ricoh_caplio_r1.php

www.pocket-lint.co.uk/fullreview.php?reviewId=738

www.dcviews.com/_ricoh/r1.htm

Regards