Remote Desktop Web Access

April 22, 2004 10:31:05 AM

I am trying to set up remote access to my network using the web interface, tsweb, but I am having difficulty. I can VPN from home to my office and connect through the RDP client to any server. But when I try to use the web client I cannot connect to any servers. I get the web page to come up and it allows me to enter the server info and hit connect, but then it says the server is not available. I have opened ports 80 and 3389 on the firewall at work and at home. I have even taken my firewall at home out of the picture with no luck. I have cable at home through Comcast. Is there something obvious I am missing?
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:33:36 AM

Assumptions:
You are not connected via a VPN at the time of using the RDWC/TSAC.

Make sure you are specifying the public IP address of the router to
connect to your machine from over the internet. Sometimes just
leaving the server name blank and hitting connect will work..

Assumptions:
You are connected via a VPN.

Make sure you are specifying private IP addresses for each computer.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:31:05 -0700, "Brian S"

!