Windows 7 resolution problem

subho9000

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
ok so i use windows 7 Ultimate and it has been functioning alright for quite some time now. no problems. last night i shut my pc down as usual and today when i started it, my resolution was screwed! the native resolution is 1680x1050 while everythings displayed at 1024x768.
its as if the aspect ratio somehow changed .

i tried running a virus scan didnt help. tried System Restore didnt work out either.
Tried updating my graphics drivers-no luck :/

its not a persisting problem from the beginning however so something must've caused it or what?

ty all

ulysses35

Distinguished
Windows 7 does from time to time download updated drivers and it is probable that the video driver or monitor has been subject to some update. Do you know what video card is installed in your PC ?

subho9000

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

nvidia geforce 9800gt

i tried re installing windows 7. problem persists. funny thing is that the problem doesnt occur in windows xp. :eek:

Neutrinos

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
"

Neutrinos

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
You might be able to find a registry tweak to help. I'm trying a new one momentarily, and hoping for the best.[/quotemsg]

This registry tweak worked for me. I have successfully shutdown my rig twice, and the resolution stayed where it was set. This disables the crappy TMM "feature."

Copy the following into a .txt file and rename it with a .reg extension. Double-click it and merge it into the registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TMM]
"UseIViewHelper"=dword:00000000
@="0"

I hope this works for you, too.