WinXp Professional CAL

April 22, 2004 4:08:58 PM

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong newsgroup. I am not
sure but does Windows XP Professional & 2000 Pro already
have 1 CAL with it to connect to Terminal Server unlike
WinXp Home or below? If so, when it connects to a
Terminal Server how come it gets a temporary license
instead of a permanent one? We are mostly using WinXp Pro
& 2000 Pro for clients and all Win2k3 for servers. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : winxp professional cal

Anonymous
April 22, 2004 7:20:15 PM

Terminal Services licensing has changed in Windows Server 2003 from previous
models:

See the last paragraph on this page, and, in particular, the link to
"transition plan"

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/lic...

"arnel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry if I posted this on the wrong newsgroup. I am not
> sure but does Windows XP Professional & 2000 Pro already
> have 1 CAL with it to connect to Terminal Server unlike
> WinXp Home or below? If so, when it connects to a
> Terminal Server how come it gets a temporary license
> instead of a permanent one? We are mostly using WinXp Pro
> & 2000 Pro for clients and all Win2k3 for servers. Any
> help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:24:49 AM

No comped CALs for Terminal Services on Windows 2003 Server...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:08:58 -0700, "arnel"

!