WinXp Professional CAL

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong newsgroup. I am not
sure but does Windows XP Professional & 2000 Pro already
have 1 CAL with it to connect to Terminal Server unlike
WinXp Home or below? If so, when it connects to a
Terminal Server how come it gets a temporary license
instead of a permanent one? We are mostly using WinXp Pro
& 2000 Pro for clients and all Win2k3 for servers. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about winxp professional

    Terminal Services licensing has changed in Windows Server 2003 from previous
    models:

    See the last paragraph on this page, and, in particular, the link to
    "transition plan"

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/ts2003.mspx

    "arnel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry if I posted this on the wrong newsgroup. I am not
    > sure but does Windows XP Professional & 2000 Pro already
    > have 1 CAL with it to connect to Terminal Server unlike
    > WinXp Home or below? If so, when it connects to a
    > Terminal Server how come it gets a temporary license
    > instead of a permanent one? We are mostly using WinXp Pro
    > & 2000 Pro for clients and all Win2k3 for servers. Any
    > help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    No comped CALs for Terminal Services on Windows 2003 Server...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:08:58 -0700, "arnel"

    >Sorry if I posted this on the wrong newsgroup. I am not
    >sure but does Windows XP Professional & 2000 Pro already
    >have 1 CAL with it to connect to Terminal Server unlike
    >WinXp Home or below? If so, when it connects to a
    >Terminal Server how come it gets a temporary license
    >instead of a permanent one? We are mostly using WinXp Pro
    >& 2000 Pro for clients and all Win2k3 for servers. Any
    >help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Microsoft Terminal Server Windows XP