remote desktop windows media player

hey anyone know a workaround for the audio problem in
remote desktop? It reads that i have no device installed
which is just damn silly i have soundcard etc. but music
still won't play on the computer i'm accessing remotely
I tried uninstalling rolling back and reinstalling jees I
just cant get it o wel pleeeze help and e-mail me and i
promise i'll stop whining

I don't have a solution for you but I'm having the same problem you're describing, I use RDP on my laptop as a 'remote control' for my desktop pc which has all my audio gear attached.

The problem seems to be that remote desktop installs a 'Microsoft RDP audio driver' upon RDP (Remote Desktop Procotcol) connection to the remote computer, which it uninstalls upon disconnection, it appears to do this whether the sound is left at the remote computer or brought to this computer. occasionally it will leave my audio driver (soundblaster audigy plat) alone and work as I want it too but in the majority of cases it installs this it's own proprietary driver in there which stuffs it all up.

basically don't go uninstalling your own sound drivers and such cause that's not where the problem lies, it's in remote desktop and the RDP audio driver.

Hopefully someone can let us know how to disable this audio driver from being installed??

Further to that I've found a workaround, start an audio program (I find it's better to open 2 or 3 and not only media player) logged on locally (ie not over a network connection). then logon on via Remote Desktop and your PC should keep the correct driver / hardware installed... it's far from ideal but it works for me till such time and microsoft find a fix for it.

Hope this helps.