VPN Connection Drops After 3 Minutes

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I upgraded XP with the Office SP3...and since then, when
connecting wirelessly with my VPN, the connection only
lasts for 3 minutes and drops. (Have D-Link DWL-G650
wireless card and Linksys WRT54G router).

However, when connecting to my router via Ethernet
connection, the VPN works flawlessly. Could the Office
SP3 updgrade changed a setting somewhere? This problem
is killing me. Thank you in advance for solutions.

Brian

I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy also! My IT person at work found something on Microsoft where they said the service pack was causing the problem. They said - Microsoft -would have a fix or else you have to pay support. I'm about ready to go there!

The wierd deal is once in a while I can connect and stay connected for a couple of days..This afternoon that is not the case everything else is working fine!!!

Driving me nuts!

----- Brian wrote: -----

I upgraded XP with the Office SP3...and since then, when
connecting wirelessly with my VPN, the connection only
lasts for 3 minutes and drops. (Have D-Link DWL-G650
wireless card and Linksys WRT54G router).

However, when connecting to my router via Ethernet
connection, the VPN works flawlessly. Could the Office
SP3 updgrade changed a setting somewhere? This problem
is killing me. Thank you in advance for solutions.

Brian

Well - there's a good bit of difference between 1 minute and 3 minutes.

However--you can definitely call Microsoft and request the hotfix for this
problem. I had thought this was publicly available, for some reason, but I
don't see that it is from that article. Follow the blue "contact MS" link,
and just ignore anything that talks about $ cost. Call them up, tell them
you are hitting the issue specified in this KB article--quote the number,
and need the hotfix. They'll get you access to it, and you won't be
charged.

"tammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the article I found it after I posted my last message
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;331816

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 19:21:05 -0700, "=?Utf-8?B?VGFtbXk=?="

>I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy also! My IT person at work found something on Microsoft where they said the service pack was causing the problem. They said - Microsoft -would have a fix or else you have to pay support. I'm about ready to go there!
>
>The wierd deal is once in a while I can connect and stay connected for a couple of days..This afternoon that is not the case everything else is working fine!!!
>
>Driving me nuts!

Now you know why smart people stayed with Win2K.

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

"You can all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
--David Crockett