Lines in avi capture - not interlace - what do you think?

When capturing I get thin horizontal lines which contain their part of
the image but displaced by half an inch to the left.

Apply deinterlace filter and it deinterlaces the picture but does not
fx these lines. No dropped frames.

25fps in 768x576 avi capture using virtual dub with Hauppauge wintv
pci pvr.

It is probably straight forward but despite my efforts can't find
anyone with the same problem.

Thanks in advance – Eric

eric testinton wrote:
> When capturing I get thin horizontal lines which contain their part of
> the image but displaced by half an inch to the left.

Post a link to an example pic.

-WD

Odd - don't seem to get the problem lines in 'avi io' on the same
settings? Does that help anyone with the diagnosis - just confuses me
even further.

Thanks to anyone who can help - Eric.

eric testinton wrote:

> Odd - don't seem to get the problem lines in 'avi io' on the same
> settings? Does that help anyone with the diagnosis - just confuses me
> even further.

Not sure. Judging by your screenshot, I'd say it might be a faulty
capture card. But if other software works, then go with other software
I guess!

-WD

Thnaks for the notes Will.

OK - so just added Sound Blaster Live and now I get problem lines even
when I capture with avi io. Makes me think it is all to do with the
pci bus - anyone else ever seen this problem.

Eric

eric testinton wrote:

> OK - so just added Sound Blaster Live and now I get problem
> lines even when I capture with avi io. Makes me think it is
> all to do with the pci bus - anyone else ever seen this problem.

There are some tools with which you can adjust the PCI bus
latency and other settings. Google might help:

<http://www.google.com/search?q="pci+bus+latency">

--
znark