remote desktop and MS Office

Dear Gurus:
When using MS office via remote desktop, I somtimes get this problem
that an image pasted such as in word, or powerpoint would not show up
-- the paste image is there, I know this because in powerpoint when I
actually view the pages I can see the image, it just does'nt show up
in the edit mode.

It appears that this is some kind of weird memory problem with office,
because other software like visio does not have this problem.

Any help will be appreciated!
thanks in advance.

al

What version of Office?