ohci1394.sys - SonyMiniDV Camcorder - WindowsServer2003 - ..

Ma Sony TRV17e worked fine for a while on Windows Server 2003,
and now it is nolonger recognized.
From the little information so far, i think i have the following
problem :

My Sony miniDV camera will not work properly on WinServer 2003.
I located the reason but cannot find a place where to download the
apropriate file.

Could somebody please be so kind and send me the following file per
eMail
or in the newsgroup :

.... for Windows Server 2003

ohci1394.sys

07-May-2003 01:42

Version 5.2.3790.19

59,904 kB

many tnx in advance,
and sorry if i am off-topic.

greetings

Roland Schweiger

The ohci1394.sys file should be in your windows folder under
system32/drivers it is also included in SP2 and should install when
applying the service pack.

You should also be able to "upgrade" the driver and choose the plain MS OHCI
driver instead of a TI or Via OHCI driver.

"Roland Schweiger" <rolandschweiger@compuserve.de> wrote in message
> Ma Sony TRV17e worked fine for a while on Windows Server 2003,
> and now it is nolonger recognized.
> From the little information so far, i think i have the following
> problem :
>
> My Sony miniDV camera will not work properly on WinServer 2003.
> I located the reason but cannot find a place where to download the
> apropriate file.
>
> Could somebody please be so kind and send me the following file per
> eMail
> or in the newsgroup :
>
> ... for Windows Server 2003
>
> ohci1394.sys
>
> 07-May-2003 01:42
>
> Version 5.2.3790.19
>
> 59,904 kB
>
> many tnx in advance,
> and sorry if i am off-topic.
>
> greetings
>
> Roland Schweiger

> You should also be able to "upgrade" the driver and choose the plain MS
OHCI
> driver instead of a TI or Via OHCI driver.

I tried that, it did not work unfortunately.
If i am correctly informed, there is no SP2 for WindowsServer2003 until now.
There is however a MS article that states that ohci1394.sys has a problem.

The version included with my windows server 2003 was

ohci1394.sys - 5.2.3790.0

and MS says that there is a version

5.2.3790.19.

I certainly do not know if this really solves the problem.
I tried 2 different firewire cards and i also tried my camera on a different
computer where it worked.

on my system, it is no longer recognized.

my real trouble is trying to get the file

ohci1394.sys - 5.2.3790.19

greetings
Roland Schweiger

>> You should also be able to "upgrade" the driver and choose the plain MS
> OHCI
>> driver instead of a TI or Via OHCI driver.
>
> I tried that, it did not work unfortunately.
> If i am correctly informed, there is no SP2 for WindowsServer2003 until
> now.
> There is however a MS article that states that ohci1394.sys has a problem.
>
> The version included with my windows server 2003 was
>
> ohci1394.sys - 5.2.3790.0
>
> and MS says that there is a version
>
> 5.2.3790.19.
>
> I certainly do not know if this really solves the problem.
> I tried 2 different firewire cards and i also tried my camera on a
> different
> computer where it worked.
>
> on my system, it is no longer recognized.
>
> my real trouble is trying to get the file
>
> ohci1394.sys - 5.2.3790.19
>
> greetings
> Roland Schweiger

Roland,

That appears to be a later driver than I have installed from SP2. My
5.1.xxxx driver works fine though, might be worth looking for an older
driver. Happy to send the one I am using or put it on my web pages for you.

Cheers.

Pete

Pete

> That appears to be a later driver than I have installed from SP2. My
> 5.1.xxxx driver works fine though, might be worth looking for an older
> driver. Happy to send the one I am using or put it on my web pages for
you.

If your driver is a Windows Server 2003 version,
it might work on my system.
If it is for WindowsXP, it will mostlikely not...

Would be glad to try the driver.

many thanks.

Roland Schweiger