Duplicated DVD's freezes on playback (sometimes)

So I've seen this with several duplicated movie disks now. You'll be
watching along and maybe every 10-20 minutes or so, it just freezes.
It freezes for maybe 10-15 secs, and then playing continues.

What's up with that?

I'm using Shrink DVD to extact (backup) into an ISO file, and then
restore onto a DVD with Sonic RecordNow! Hardware is an outboard USB
Sony DVD burner.

thanks for any suggestions,

_jay

Jay Tinkerton wrote:
> So I've seen this with several duplicated movie disks now. You'll be
> watching along and maybe every 10-20 minutes or so, it just freezes.
> It freezes for maybe 10-15 secs, and then playing continues.
>
> What's up with that?
>
> I'm using Shrink DVD to extact (backup) into an ISO file, and then
> restore onto a DVD with Sonic RecordNow! Hardware is an outboard USB
> Sony DVD burner.

You don't mention what media you're using. Try a different brand/type.
(avoid the cheap/generic stuff)

-WD