i need help in connecting remotely via static ip address

April 25, 2004 6:41:02 PM

i have 2 computers that i would like to connect remotely. my home computer has xp home edition, but the business computer has windows me. I have a DSL at the business but i cannot connect to it remotely using the static ip address that i leased. Please help me... i tried to set up a vpn, but it doesn't work ... it comes out with error 800..
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:07:56 PM

You cannot set up a VPN Server on a Home edition or on ME.

Try XP Pro. You should be able to configure incoming connections and be able
to accept connections.

--
- Manjari
"milliondlz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have 2 computers that i would like to connect remotely. my home computer
has xp home edition, but the business computer has windows me. I have a DSL
at the business but i cannot connect to it remotely using the static ip
address that i leased. Please help me... i tried to set up a vpn, but it
doesn't work ... it comes out with error 800..

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 10:07:57 PM

Whoa pardn'r... I believe you can setup a PPTP VPN server on an XP Home box...

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server....

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Manjari Bonam [MSFT]" <manjarib@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You cannot set up a VPN Server on a Home edition or on ME.
>
> Try XP Pro. You should be able to configure incoming connections and be able
> to accept connections.
>
> --
> - Manjari
> "milliondlz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> i have 2 computers that i would like to connect remotely. my home computer
> has xp home edition, but the business computer has windows me. I have a DSL
> at the business but i cannot connect to it remotely using the static ip
> address that i leased. Please help me... i tried to set up a vpn, but it
> doesn't work ... it comes out with error 800..

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 3:58:49 AM

You can definately set up a single VPN incoming connection on XP
Home...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:07:56 +0530, "Manjari Bonam [MSFT]"

!