i need help in connecting remotely via static ip address

i have 2 computers that i would like to connect remotely. my home computer has xp home edition, but the business computer has windows me. I have a DSL at the business but i cannot connect to it remotely using the static ip address that i leased. Please help me... i tried to set up a vpn, but it doesn't work ... it comes out with error 800..
3 answers Last reply
More about connecting remotely static address

    You cannot set up a VPN Server on a Home edition or on ME.

    Try XP Pro. You should be able to configure incoming connections and be able
    to accept connections.

    --
    - Manjari
    "milliondlz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have 2 computers that i would like to connect remotely. my home computer
    has xp home edition, but the business computer has windows me. I have a DSL
    at the business but i cannot connect to it remotely using the static ip
    address that i leased. Please help me... i tried to set up a vpn, but it
    doesn't work ... it comes out with error 800..

    Whoa pardn'r... I believe you can setup a PPTP VPN server on an XP Home box...

    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Manjari Bonam [MSFT]" <manjarib@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You cannot set up a VPN Server on a Home edition or on ME.
    >
    > Try XP Pro. You should be able to configure incoming connections and be able
    > to accept connections.
    >
    > --
    > - Manjari
    > "milliondlz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> i have 2 computers that i would like to connect remotely. my home computer
    > has xp home edition, but the business computer has windows me. I have a DSL
    > at the business but i cannot connect to it remotely using the static ip
    > address that i leased. Please help me... i tried to set up a vpn, but it
    > doesn't work ... it comes out with error 800..

    You can definately set up a single VPN incoming connection on XP
    Home...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:07:56 +0530, "Manjari Bonam [MSFT]"
    <manjarib@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >You cannot set up a VPN Server on a Home edition or on ME.
    >
    >Try XP Pro. You should be able to configure incoming connections and be able
    >to accept connections.

Static IP Connection Computers Windows XP