Turning Remote Desktop

Is there a way to turn on Remote Desktop on a machine that I have Admin
privileges while at a remote machine or is the only way to do that while you
are physically in front of that PC?

Thanks
JT
1 answer Last reply
More about turning remote desktop

    Posted on a blog:

    Enabling Remote Desktop, remotely
    Let's say you're in a situation where you can't log into your XP
    machine
    because you forgot to click that checkbox. psexec to the rescue!

    psexec \\machinename reg add
    "hklm\system\currentcontrolset\control\terminal server" /f /v
    fDenyTSConnections /t REG_DWORD /d 0

    I shouldn't have to say that this isn't in any way supported, or that
    it's not going to work if you're not already an admin on the machine
    that has RD access, or that a firewall will get in the way, or that
    there may be better ways to do it using script or WMI, but I've found
    it useful on a couple occasions.

    psexec is available from http://www.sysinternals.com

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:57:51 -0500, "JT" <jdteel@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Is there a way to turn on Remote Desktop on a machine that I have Admin
    >privileges while at a remote machine or is the only way to do that while you
    >are physically in front of that PC?
    >
    >Thanks
    >JT

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP