Remote Desktop unable to logon

April 26, 2004 1:56:02 AM

Ok here is the problem. I have remote desktop enabled, and when i try to connect to my machine with another machine also running XP pro SP1 on my LAN with the administrator account it give me an error message says "Unable to log you on because of an account restriction." I looked everywhere in the security policies and user accounts with anything that mentions a restriction with the administrator account but i have found absolutely nothing. I have run out of ideas as to what the cause of this error message is so hopefully one out you have had this same problem.

Thanks.

More about : remote desktop unable logon

April 26, 2004 2:06:02 AM

Never mind I found out that it won't allow you to log on without a password set for the account. In this case the administrator account.
!