Canon A75: How to force a flash and still maintain "auto" ..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
January 21, 2005 7:41:06 AM

For the Canon A75 or similar experts, I have a question...

Let's say I am outdoors shooting a scene with people within flash
range, and there is enough natural light (backlight) so that the flash
does not go off when it's set to "auto" shooting mode, *however* I
would like the flash to go off regardless so that the faces of the
people are not dark. I believe this is often called "fill flash", but
I'm not sure.

How would I go about forcing the flash to go off but still maintain the
"auto" settings using the Canon A75 since the "auto" shooting mode does
not allow you to force a flash?

TIA!
Bob
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 3:49:55 PM

"Bob" <am_dew@REMOVepanixThis.com> wrote in message
> For the Canon A75 or similar experts, I have a question...
>
> Let's say I am outdoors shooting a scene with people within flash
> range, and there is enough natural light (backlight) so that the flash
> does not go off when it's set to "auto" shooting mode, *however* I
> would like the flash to go off regardless so that the faces of the
> people are not dark. I believe this is often called "fill flash", but
> I'm not sure.
>
> How would I go about forcing the flash to go off but still maintain the
> "auto" settings using the Canon A75 since the "auto" shooting mode does
> not allow you to force a flash?
>
> TIA!
> Bob

Read Page 42 of your camera manual or download the PDF. The title is Using
the Flash.

Look for Product User Guides & Manuals
Download Library for Canon Powershot A75 camera.
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=Downloa...

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

CSM1 <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote:
:"Bob" <am_dew@REMOVepanixThis.com> wrote in message
:news:csq152$224$1@reader2.panix.com...
:> For the Canon A75 or similar experts, I have a question...
:>
:
:Read Page 42 of your camera manual or download the PDF. The title is Using
:the Flash.

Thanks, read it. As I already knew, I have to be in any shooting mode
except AUTO. I guess the best option and still retain some automatic
exposure, etc. would be to use the Landscape shooting mode, which does
not seem right for your basic outdoor shot where you want fill-in
flash. Any other shooting mode suggestions where a minimum amount of
manual setting is required?

Thanks.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 12:53:22 AM

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:02:57 +0000 (UTC), (Bob) wrote:

>CSM1 wrote:
>:"Bob" wrote in message
>:> For the Canon A75 or similar experts, I have a question...
>:>
>:> Let's say I am outdoors shooting a scene with people within flash
>:> range, and there is enough natural light (backlight) so that the flash
>:> does not go off when it's set to "auto" shooting mode, *however* I
>:> would like the flash to go off regardless so that the faces of the
>:> people are not dark. I believe this is often called "fill flash", but
>:> I'm not sure.
>
>:> How would I go about forcing the flash to go off but still maintain the
>:> "auto" settings using the Canon A75 since the "auto" shooting mode does
>:> not allow you to force a flash?
>
>:Read Page 42 of your camera manual or download the PDF. The title is Using
>:the Flash.
>
>Thanks, read it. As I already knew, I have to be in any shooting mode
>except AUTO. I guess the best option and still retain some automatic
>exposure, etc. would be to use the Landscape shooting mode, which does
>not seem right for your basic outdoor shot where you want fill-in
>flash. Any other shooting mode suggestions where a minimum amount of
>manual setting is required?

P Mode? It's pretty much AUTO with possibility change the ISO setting
and exposure compensation.
January 22, 2005 5:05:22 AM

I shoot pretty much all my photos in the P mode. Always does a great job on
my Canon A60

Dan

!