Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How Do I convert an AVI to a DVD playable file

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 9:17:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi

Can some one please tell me how I can convert an AVI to a DVD playable file,
so that I can burn it to DVD, what programmes and so on,

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
August 28, 2004 11:00:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"news" <email@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:173Yc.277$CJ4.24@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> Hi
> Can some one please tell me how I can convert an AVI to a DVD playable
file,
> so that I can burn it to DVD, what programmes and so on,
> Thanks in advance

I used Ulead VideoStudio 6SE which was bundled with my FireWire card. Since
then I've bought version 8 which has rather more features, but 6SE has the
basics. Give yourself plenty of time for the process. I started at 3pm and
finished around 11pm. That was using a 1000MHz Athlon and 256MB RAM - and
my video was only around 30 minutes long! OK, I think I ticked all the
boxes so I got an image file on my HDD as well.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK
http://www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk\oddimage.htm
August 28, 2004 11:01:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"news" <email@nowhere.com> wrote in
news:173Yc.277$CJ4.24@newsfe6-win.ntli.net:

> Hi
>
> Can some one please tell me how I can convert an AVI to a DVD playable
> file, so that I can burn it to DVD, what programmes and so on,
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>


http://www.videohelp.com/tmpgencdvd.htm



--
Ruben
Related resources
August 29, 2004 12:06:02 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"news" <email@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:173Yc.277$CJ4.24@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> Hi
>
> Can some one please tell me how I can convert an AVI to a DVD playable
file,
> so that I can burn it to DVD, what programmes and so on,
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>

Visit www.videohelp.com for loads of info.....

Martin.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 12:06:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Thanks everyone for your feedback


"Martin" <zedolf@o2.co.uk> wrote in message
news:2pc382Fir8plU1@uni-berlin.de...
>
> "news" <email@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:173Yc.277$CJ4.24@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> > Hi
> >
> > Can some one please tell me how I can convert an AVI to a DVD playable
> file,
> > so that I can burn it to DVD, what programmes and so on,
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> >
>
> Visit www.videohelp.com for loads of info.....
>
> Martin.
>
>
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 1:10:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Malcolm Stewart" <malcolm_stewart@megalith.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:cgqh7d$im3$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

> I used Ulead VideoStudio 6SE which was bundled with my FireWire card.
Since
> then I've bought version 8 which has rather more features, but 6SE has the
> basics. Give yourself plenty of time for the process. I started at 3pm
and
> finished around 11pm. That was using a 1000MHz Athlon and 256MB RAM - and
> my video was only around 30 minutes long!...

That is only 1/16 real time or only just over a frame per second! I'm
pretty sure my xp1800+ cpu does about 10 frames per second with TMPGEnc's
default settings.
Anonymous
August 29, 2004 2:10:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Adrian Boliston" <adrian@boliston.co.uk> wrote in message
news:2pc763Fj97guU1@uni-berlin.de...
> "Malcolm Stewart" <malcolm_stewart@megalith.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
> message news:cgqh7d$im3$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> That is only 1/16 real time or only just over a frame per second! I'm
> pretty sure my xp1800+ cpu does about 10 frames per second with TMPGEnc's
> default settings.

Yes it was slow. Hadn't thought of it in frames / second though!
I did discuss the slowness with a local computer maker/supplier, and he
pointed out so many slow areas in my machine that I was left very baffled,
but with the impression that I definitely "needed" a 3,200MHz Super Duper
something or other for video work.

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK
http://www.megalith.freeserve.co.uk\oddimage.htm
!