roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Hi All,

If i have two sites, one in US and one in UK and i want to setup a VPN to connect them together. I got a SonicWall firewall gateway at both sites with a static IP address. One server is behind the firewall on each site. Both servers are using private IP address, i.e 192.168.0.X. I tried to connect them together using windows VPN wizard, but since they don't have a public IP. I can't get them connected. How can i forward the connect from the firewall to my servers at both sites?

Thanks in advance!

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Roy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If i have two sites, one in US and one in UK and i want to setup a VPN to connect them together.

I got a SonicWall firewall gateway at both sites with a static IP
address. One server is behind the firewall on each site.

Both servers are using private IP address, i.e 192.168.0.X.

I tried to connect them together using windows VPN wizard, but since
they don't have a public IP. I can't get them connected.

How can i forward the connect from the firewall to my servers at both sites?

> Thanks in advance!

Hi Roy
1. You must have a public IP address if you connect to the internet, but
i may not be static. Static would make things simpler.
2. Set one server to initate connection (Dial out) and one to recive
(Dial in)
3. Set the Firewall to pass through athentication to the servers
internal address on the side thats reviving the call.
4. Try all this with no encrytion settings at first

Hope this helps!!

TRENDING THREADS