Nero good, but lacking in making screen starts

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I have a trial version of Nero and so far so good, but find it very
difficult to get around those pesky chapers and Menus.. I have yet to find
where I can do a single start screen for DVDs. When I bring in a video file
it defaults to the first frame of my edited video which are color bars. I
do not know how Nero can do a screen start for my DVD without using Menus
and Chapters. I do not want those, I just want a single colorful start for
my DVD.

"leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> I have a trial version of Nero and so far so good, but find it very
> difficult to get around those pesky chapers and Menus.. I have yet to find
> where I can do a single start screen for DVDs. When I bring in a video
file
> it defaults to the first frame of my edited video which are color bars. I
> do not know how Nero can do a screen start for my DVD without using Menus
> and Chapters. I do not want those, I just want a single colorful start
for
> my DVD.

I'm not familiar with the term "screen start". What is a
"start screen for DVDs" if not a menu? If you want to have
it play a clip before the menu that should be easily done. If
you want no menus at all, that can be done, but keep in
mind that some DVD players won't like it.

Luck;
Ken

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I guess I should have said menus or chatpers, but when I do a DVD, I just
want it to play when one pushes the play on the remode. I will not have
menus and chapters. I have a 30 minute tape to play.

> I guess I should have said menus or chatpers, but when I do a DVD, I just
> want it to play when one pushes the play on the remode. I will not have
> menus and chapters. I have a 30 minute tape to play.

Check out "SVCD" at www.videohelp.com that should
get you started.

Luck;
Ken

On the "Create Menu" screen (after you add the movie, click next). On
the bottom there is a button called "more". Click on it. On the right
of the window that pops up there should be 2 pull down menus. One
should be "start playback with", the menu or the movie, and the other
is "when finished playing a title", play next title, or jump to main
menu.