Video Editting Card Needed w/ Premiere Pro 1.5???

Looking at buying a new PC -- P4 3.4Ghz HT, 1.5GB 533mHz RAM, 80GB
boot, 2x36GB SCSI 10k RAID 0, 16x DVD+r/+rw.

The system has a built in 1394 port, so my question is do I still need
a video editting board? I'm eyeing the RT.x100, but am unsure if I
need it w/ Prem Pro 1.5.

What benefit is a video editting board with these new systems?
(excluding capturing from analog)

I will be burning DVD.

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about video editting card needed premiere

    On 30 Aug 2004 07:26:36 -0700, native_texan_03@yahoo.com (Pablo)
    wrote:

    >Looking at buying a new PC -- P4 3.4Ghz HT, 1.5GB 533mHz RAM, 80GB
    >boot, 2x36GB SCSI 10k RAID 0, 16x DVD+r/+rw.
    >
    >The system has a built in 1394 port, so my question is do I still need
    >a video editting board? I'm eyeing the RT.x100, but am unsure if I
    >need it w/ Prem Pro 1.5.
    >
    >What benefit is a video editting board with these new systems?
    >(excluding capturing from analog)
    >
    >I will be burning DVD.

    No there is no need for that, strictly speaking. However working with
    video on a (one) vga-monitor isn't ideal. If an extra board makes it
    possible to view some of your work (for example the timeline) on a
    pal/ntsc-monitor then that has its advantages. Furthermore those
    boards give acceleration to certain actions which maybe of value to
    you.

Tuner Cards NAS / RAID Desktops Video Graphics