Video Editting Card Needed w/ Premiere Pro 1.5???

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 30, 2004 11:26:36 AM

Looking at buying a new PC -- P4 3.4Ghz HT, 1.5GB 533mHz RAM, 80GB
boot, 2x36GB SCSI 10k RAID 0, 16x DVD+r/+rw.

The system has a built in 1394 port, so my question is do I still need
a video editting board? I'm eyeing the RT.x100, but am unsure if I
need it w/ Prem Pro 1.5.

What benefit is a video editting board with these new systems?
(excluding capturing from analog)

I will be burning DVD.

Thanks!
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 9:14:36 PM

On 30 Aug 2004 07:26:36 -0700, native_texan_03@yahoo.com (Pablo)
wrote:

>Looking at buying a new PC -- P4 3.4Ghz HT, 1.5GB 533mHz RAM, 80GB
>boot, 2x36GB SCSI 10k RAID 0, 16x DVD+r/+rw.
>
>The system has a built in 1394 port, so my question is do I still need
>a video editting board? I'm eyeing the RT.x100, but am unsure if I
>need it w/ Prem Pro 1.5.
>
>What benefit is a video editting board with these new systems?
>(excluding capturing from analog)
>
>I will be burning DVD.

No there is no need for that, strictly speaking. However working with
video on a (one) vga-monitor isn't ideal. If an extra board makes it
possible to view some of your work (for example the timeline) on a
pal/ntsc-monitor then that has its advantages. Furthermore those
boards give acceleration to certain actions which maybe of value to
you.
!