Remote Desktop Stopped

April 27, 2004 11:52:32 AM

I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.

More about : remote desktop stopped

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 12:08:36 AM

In this case, check the following:

1. Double check the IP Address you are using to connect... Most
broadband network providers use dynamic IP addresses that tend to
change.

2. Check that the IP address you are forwarding to (in your router)
is still the IP address of the server machine...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:52:32 -0600, "aSussertown"
<DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
>settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.

April 30, 2004 5:49:04 AM

also check if there is no firewall activated on your computer.
I've the same problem on a computer, because the Cisco VPN client as a
firewall integrated and lock any external requests if this simple option is
checked.

Try a simple ping to this computer, then a telnet <machine> 3389
to help you identify the source of the problem.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> a
écrit dans le message de news:7m9390dsq237cncp2r73mgsak6ka13j0ae@4ax.com...
> In this case, check the following:
>
> 1. Double check the IP Address you are using to connect... Most
> broadband network providers use dynamic IP addresses that tend to
> change.
>
> 2. Check that the IP address you are forwarding to (in your router)
> is still the IP address of the server machine...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. & Smart Display MVP)

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:52:32 -0600, "aSussertown"
> <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> >I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
> >settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.

April 29, 2005 1:20:36 PM

I'm puzzled by the forwarding. I didn't think I had to do forwarding in
order to work remotely.
I have a Linksys WRT54GS

--
Sussertown

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:7m9390dsq237cncp2r73mgsak6ka13j0ae@4ax.com...
> In this case, check the following:
>
> 1. Double check the IP Address you are using to connect... Most
> broadband network providers use dynamic IP addresses that tend to
> change.
>
> 2. Check that the IP address you are forwarding to (in your router)
> is still the IP address of the server machine...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. & Smart Display MVP)

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:52:32 -0600, "aSussertown"
> <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
>>settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:20:48 PM

news:o 3rlabnLEHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

!