Remote Desktop Stopped

I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.
4 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop stopped

    In this case, check the following:

    1. Double check the IP Address you are using to connect... Most
    broadband network providers use dynamic IP addresses that tend to
    change.

    2. Check that the IP address you are forwarding to (in your router)
    is still the IP address of the server machine...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:52:32 -0600, "aSussertown"
    <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
    >settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.

    also check if there is no firewall activated on your computer.
    I've the same problem on a computer, because the Cisco VPN client as a
    firewall integrated and lock any external requests if this simple option is
    checked.

    Try a simple ping to this computer, then a telnet <machine> 3389
    to help you identify the source of the problem.

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> a
    écrit dans le message de news:7m9390dsq237cncp2r73mgsak6ka13j0ae@4ax.com...
    > In this case, check the following:
    >
    > 1. Double check the IP Address you are using to connect... Most
    > broadband network providers use dynamic IP addresses that tend to
    > change.
    >
    > 2. Check that the IP address you are forwarding to (in your router)
    > is still the IP address of the server machine...
    >
    > Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. & Smart Display MVP)

    > On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:52:32 -0600, "aSussertown"
    > <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote:
    >
    > >I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
    > >settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.

    I'm puzzled by the forwarding. I didn't think I had to do forwarding in
    order to work remotely.
    I have a Linksys WRT54GS

    --
    Sussertown

    "Eliminate annoying spam!
    My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

    http://www.ihatespam.net

    "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
    in message news:7m9390dsq237cncp2r73mgsak6ka13j0ae@4ax.com...

    "Jéjé" <willgart@BBBhotmailAAA.com> wrote in message
    > also check if there is no firewall activated on your computer.
    > I've the same problem on a computer, because the Cisco VPN client as a
    > firewall integrated and lock any external requests if this simple option
    > is
    > checked.
    >
    > Try a simple ping to this computer, then a telnet <machine> 3389
    > to help you identify the source of the problem.
    >
    > "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> a
    > écrit dans le message de
    >> In this case, check the following:
    >>
    >> 1. Double check the IP Address you are using to connect... Most
    >> broadband network providers use dynamic IP addresses that tend to
    >> change.
    >>
    >> 2. Check that the IP address you are forwarding to (in your router)
    >> is still the IP address of the server machine...
    >>
    >> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. & Smart Display MVP)
    >> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >>
    >> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >> be answered depending on time availability....
    >>
    >> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >>
    >> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:52:32 -0600, "aSussertown"
    >> <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I can no longer get to my computer via Remote Desktop. I have checked
    >> >settings for the port and that seems to be okay in my router software.

Remote Desktop Routers Computers Microsoft Software Windows XP