Terminal Services

jeff

How do I install Terminal Service on my XP computer? I have tried running
the ADMINPAK.MSI from my Win2K server CD, but I get an error saying that
Administrative Tools is incompatible.

A form of Terminal Services is already installed on XP Pro. Its called Remote Desktop.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/remotedesktop.asp

If your running XP Home, then your out of luck. UltraVNC (not compatible with Terminal Services) is
an alternative. Get the server, client and encryption software from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)