Increasing volume of film

Hi

I have a copy of a film, but the sound is really quiet on it.

I want to convert the avi to a svcd and would like to boost the sound
level before I do so.

Thanks in advance.

MM

DoD

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004

>I have a copy of a film, but the sound is really quiet on it.
>I want to convert the avi to a svcd and would like to boost the sound
>level before I do so.
>Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>Thanks in advance.

Premiere Pro has an option that you can alter the audio on any
soundtrack. Easy click to "normalise" the sound or you can manually
change the db for volume.

Magic Mushrooms wrote:

> I want to convert the avi to a svcd and would like to boost the sound
> level before I do so.

VirtualDub can extract the audio track as a WAV file, you can bring it
up in any sound editor or normalizing program, and then VirtualDub can
replace the audio track with the new one. (Possibly requires splitting
out the video track separately for the last step.)

Warren Young wrote:
> Magic Mushrooms wrote:
>
>> I want to convert the avi to a svcd and would like to boost the sound
>> level before I do so.
>

> VirtualDub can extract the audio track as a WAV file, you can bring it
> up in any sound editor or normalizing program, and then VirtualDub can
> replace the audio track with the new one. (Possibly requires splitting
> out the video track separately for the last step.)

Thanks.

I'll try that.

Thanks to you both for your help.

MM