  • Remote Desktop
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 28, 2004 12:02:31 AM

How can I setup the remote desktop that allow 5 users
remote logon at the same time?

More about : users remote desktop

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 3:15:11 AM

Hi - not possible with Windows XP - you'd need a terminal server for that.
WinXP in its current incarnation allows for only one login at a time -
whether remote or at the console.

bianteck wrote:
> How can I setup the remote desktop that allow 5 users
> remote logon at the same time?
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 4:41:25 AM

Hi,

In this case, can I install the terminal server (from
win2000 server cd) in winXP Pro?

April 28, 2004 6:53:03 AM

BianTeck wrote:
> In this case, can I install the terminal server (from
> win2000 server cd) in winXP Pro?

No.

--
<- Shenan ->
April 28, 2004 1:55:02 PM

To echo Shenan - no. You need a W2000 server (one dedicated to TS only!),
run TS in application mode, and buy TS licenses & install & configure the TS
license server.

BianTeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In this case, can I install the terminal server (from
> win2000 server cd) in winXP Pro?

April 29, 2004 11:08:37 PM

POSSIBLE!

visit my site www.computerboom.net the product is winconnect server xp

Kenny

"bianteck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I setup the remote desktop that allow 5 users
> remote logon at the same time?

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 12:12:18 AM

This violates the Windows XP EULA, fwiw...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:08:37 +0300, "Kenny" <hotmail@coldmail.com>
wrote:

>POSSIBLE!
>
>visit my site www.computerboom.net the product is winconnect server xp
>
>Kenny
>

>"bianteck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How can I setup the remote desktop that allow 5 users
>> remote logon at the same time?

May 1, 2004 3:12:30 PM

no it doesnt, you can purchase more XP liscences, one for eatch user.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:su9390lj9ecue2tf5sjc95kgg0q1av44p8@4ax.com...
> This violates the Windows XP EULA, fwiw...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. & Smart Display MVP)

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:08:37 +0300, "Kenny" <hotmail@coldmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >POSSIBLE!
> >
> >visit my site www.computerboom.net the product is winconnect server xp
> >
> >Kenny
> >

> >"bianteck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> How can I setup the remote desktop that allow 5 users
> >> remote logon at the same time?

---
May 2, 2004 3:34:35 AM

However, you did not state that, nor does the Winconnect site....

Here is the applicable EULA:

1.4 Remote Desktop/Remote Assistance/NetMeeting. The
Software contains Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, and
NetMeeting technologies that enable the Software or
applications installed on the Workstation Computer (sometimes
referred to as a host device) to be accessed remotely from
other Devices. You may use the Software's Remote Desktop
feature (or other software which provides similar
functionality for a similar purpose) to permit any Device to
use, access, display or run the Software without acquiring a
license for the Software on that Device, provided only one
user uses, accesses, displays, or runs the Software at any one
time. When you are using Remote Assistance or NetMeeting (or
other software which provides similar functionality for a
similar purpose) you may share your session with other users
without any limit on the number of Device connections and
without acquiring additional licenses for the Software. For
Microsoft and non-Microsoft applications, you should consult
the license agreement accompanying the applicable software or
contact the applicable licensor to determine whether use of
the software with Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, or
NetMeeting is permitted without an additional license. As
used above, a session means the experience delivered by the
Software similar to when a user is using the input, output and
display peripherals attached to the Workstation Computer.

On Sat, 1 May 2004 11:12:30 +0300, "Kenny" <hotmail@coldmail.com>
wrote:

>no it doesnt, you can purchase more XP liscences, one for eatch user.
>

>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
>in message news:su9390lj9ecue2tf5sjc95kgg0q1av44p8@4ax.com...
>> This violates the Windows XP EULA, fwiw...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Net. & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 19:08:37 +0300, "Kenny" <hotmail@coldmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >POSSIBLE!
>> >
>> >visit my site www.computerboom.net the product is winconnect server xp
>> >
>> >Kenny
>> >

>> >"bianteck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >>

>---

May 3, 2004 3:55:04 AM

the winconnect site does... if you read it carfully.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:jcu890tkssg4nqrftftmtg7b1h8m4750s2@4ax.com...

---