High definition pack

Al wrote:
> If I install the high definition pack, does it affect all HL1 engine games
> or just HL1 and Blue Shift? Does it cause any problems with any other
> games/mods? Cheers.
>
> http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id=10094

It definately affects both HL1 and Blue Shift. Haven't tried Opposing
Force yet, but I'd imagine it would work too. It may or may not have
issues with other mods, but of course you can remove the HD pack via
Steam if there are any problems.

In article <3noeq5F2glo5U1@individual.net>, Al <x@x.com> wrote:
>If I install the high definition pack, does it affect all HL1 engine games
>or just HL1 and Blue Shift? Does it cause any problems with any other
>games/mods? Cheers.
>
>http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id=10094

Is there supposed to be some sort of feedback from Steam when I click on
the link to install it? I saw the option to install it in the latest Steam
'News'-item, with a reference to an install, and an uninstall link.

Something like: steam://installaddon/hdef, but when I click on it, I see
nothing happening, no window opening, no bar filling up, nada.

What did other people see when they clicked the install link? (I haven't
played HL1/Blue Shift to see if anything changed, I must admit, but I
would have expected some kind of 'installing...'-feedback)

Regards,

Patrick.

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> Is there supposed to be some sort of feedback from Steam when I click on
> the link to install it? I saw the option to install it in the latest Steam
> 'News'-item, with a reference to an install, and an uninstall link.
>
> Something like: steam://installaddon/hdef, but when I click on it, I see
> nothing happening, no window opening, no bar filling up, nada.
>
> What did other people see when they clicked the install link? (I haven't
> played HL1/Blue Shift to see if anything changed, I must admit, but I
> would have expected some kind of 'installing...'-feedback)

Nah, there is no visible indication of any change. However, after
clicking the link you'll notice when checking the properties of Blue
Shift that the downloaded content goes down to 70-something percent,
even if you initially downloading it all. Hence, after clicking the
link, close Steam completely and restart Steam. Try to play Blue Shift
and you'll then start to see HL update.

In message <3noeq5F2glo5U1@individual.net>, Al <x@x.com> writes
>If I install the high definition pack, does it affect all HL1 engine games
>or just HL1 and Blue Shift?

It affects Half Life (1), Opposing Forces and Blue Shift.

Cheers,
--
Neale Hind
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children