MVCast driver & software

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 31, 2004 7:54:42 AM

Hello,
did anyone have the Windows NT driver for VisionTech MVCast MPEG2 Card?
I have searched the hole Internet, but couln'd find a actual Link.
VisionTech is bought by Broadcom and they don't answer Emails....

Please contact me, if you have a Link or a Driver.
I have a FTP Server etc. for exchange.

Thank you for your Help.

Regards

Stefan Pflaume

More about : mvcast driver software

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 5:07:47 PM

"Stefan" <pflaume@gis-web.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> did anyone have the Windows NT driver for VisionTech MVCast MPEG2 Card?
> I have searched the hole Internet, but couln'd find a actual Link.
> VisionTech is bought by Broadcom and they don't answer Emails....
>
> Please contact me, if you have a Link or a Driver.
> I have a FTP Server etc. for exchange.
>
> Thank you for your Help.
>
> Regards
>
> Stefan Pflaume

If I recall correctly Broadcom acquired the "Kfir II" chip,
their BCM7040, from VisionTech. You might want to
check which chips are on your board and if you have the
"Kfir II" and a Philips SAA7114H, then there is a chance
one of the "Movie Mill" compatible drivers would work.
The early "Snazzi Bali" driver or one for the Adaptec
AVC-2000 would be your best bet. Try a Google for
"AVC-2000 driver". Check out "V-One Multimedia"
also.

Luck;
Ken
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 6:11:36 PM

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> "Stefan" <pflaume@gis-web.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > did anyone have the Windows NT driver for VisionTech MVCast MPEG2 Card?
> > I have searched the hole Internet, but couln'd find a actual Link.
> > VisionTech is bought by Broadcom and they don't answer Emails....
> >
> > Please contact me, if you have a Link or a Driver.
> > I have a FTP Server etc. for exchange.
> >
> > Thank you for your Help.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Stefan Pflaume
>
> If I recall correctly Broadcom acquired the "Kfir II" chip,
> their BCM7040, from VisionTech. You might want to
> check which chips are on your board and if you have the
> "Kfir II" and a Philips SAA7114H, then there is a chance
> one of the "Movie Mill" compatible drivers would work.
> The early "Snazzi Bali" driver or one for the Adaptec
> AVC-2000 would be your best bet. Try a Google for
> "AVC-2000 driver". Check out "V-One Multimedia"
> also.
>
> Luck;
> Ken

Did some Googleing and it looks unlikely that those chips
are what would be driving that $2000 card. It sounds like a
sweet setup though. You might get with the "Solaris" and/or
"Sun" crowd, maybe one of them is still using that card and
would be willing to part with the NT driver. They probably
have a NG.

Luck;
Ken
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 1:32:24 AM

Thanks a lot!
I have tried various drivers for cards that also use the Kfir Chip.
But the reult was allways the same: Card doesn't work!
I will try to post a note in the Sun Group...

Regards

Stefan Pflaume

!