michelle

Please can someone help me with this. I'm trying to
configure a users My Documents folder to be redirected to
their home directory.

I've read the instructions in the help file, but hit a
fairly substantial stumbling block before I start.

If I open the Group Policy Editor on the PC and expand
User Configuration and then Windows Settings, there is no
Folder redirection option.

I've had a look around and under Administrative
Templates\windows Components\MMC\Restricted/Permitted
snap-ins\Group Policy\Group Policy Snap-in Extentions
and Resultant set of Policy Snap-in extentions and both
of those have a Folder redirection object which I have
enabled.

When I right click I don't get an All Tasks option, I can
only see the properties of the to Folder Redirection
Items. How do I get this configured so I can see this?

Please help - I'm really confused

I've tried reboots and logging on with differing levels
of permissions but none of this is making any difference,
I've tried opening a new console and adding the GP snap-
in but there is still not folder redirection snap-in to
add.

ANy advice, or direction would be really apprciated.

Thanks in advance

Michelle

michelle

Don't worry - I managed to find what I was looking for,
just right click the My Documents Icon and change it
there...