Remote Desktop Bug?

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

I am having problems connecting to my computer via remote desktop.

If I am already logged into my remote computer and then try to use remote
desktop to connect to it... thas fine no problems.....

But if I am not logged into the computer and the try to use remote desktop I
get the username/password dialogue as usual... It starts to log me in....
But after I enter my details it spits me back out....

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

I found this info that may help you

Hi,

I understand that the remote desktop connection logs off immediately after
logon.

Please try the following steps and check if it helps you.

1. Go to control panel
2. Administrative tools
3. Double click services
4. Disable nVidia Display driver service if present
5. Reboot the system.

Now check if the issue still occurs.

Thank you,

Rashmi

"Adrian" <adrian@highway1.com.au> wrote in message
> I am having problems connecting to my computer via remote desktop.
>
> If I am already logged into my remote computer and then try to use remote
> desktop to connect to it... thas fine no problems.....
>
> But if I am not logged into the computer and the try to use remote desktop
> get the username/password dialogue as usual... It starts to log me in....
> But after I enter my details it spits me back out....

There was no resolution in my problem
Although it only seems to occur when attempting to remote
desktop from a windows 2000 machine.

I have vs.net 2003 and it tells me the following exception
occured in the mstsc program:

The exception Integer division by zero.
(0xc0000094) occured in the application at location
0x6A62FC61.

confers no rights.

>"Adrian" <adrian@highway1.com.au> wrote in message
>> I am having problems connecting to my computer via
remote desktop.

>> If I am already logged into my remote computer and then
try to use remote
>> desktop to connect to it... thas fine no problems.....
>>
>> But if I am not logged into the computer and the try to
use remote desktop
>> get the username/password dialogue as usual... It
starts to log me in....
>> But after I enter my details it spits me back out....
>>

>.

Have you tried downloading a new copy of the client software at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/rdclientdl.asp
?

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:40:47 -0700, "Kevin"