Windows XP PRO Remote Desktop Printing to a local printer ..

I'm having a problem with Windows XP Remote Desktop Printing to a local
printer from a remote session. I've a Windowx XP Pro box with Quickboos
installed at the office and a Windows Pro box at home with a HP PSC 950
printer and Quickbooks installed.

The HP PSC 950 printer is attached to my home computer via a USB cable. Its
properties lists it port specification as DOT. My home computer also has a
soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to LPT1. My Office
computer has a soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to LPT1
as well.

Now, When I connect and establish a session with my office computer via
Remote Desktop from my home computer the only printer of my home computer
available to the remote session is the "Intuit Internal Printer". When I
try to print to it I get the following error:

Warning: "Intuit Printer Library: Could not open printer. Check your printer
selection..."

Any Ideas of how to get this working???

See if this KB article helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Richard Moreno" <moreno5958@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem with Windows XP Remote Desktop Printing to a local
> printer from a remote session. I've a Windowx XP Pro box with Quickboos
> installed at the office and a Windows Pro box at home with a HP PSC 950
> printer and Quickbooks installed.
>
> The HP PSC 950 printer is attached to my home computer via a USB cable. Its
> properties lists it port specification as DOT. My home computer also has a
> soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to LPT1. My Office
> computer has a soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to LPT1
> as well.
>
> Now, When I connect and establish a session with my office computer via
> Remote Desktop from my home computer the only printer of my home computer
> available to the remote session is the "Intuit Internal Printer". When I
> try to print to it I get the following error:
>
> Warning: "Intuit Printer Library: Could not open printer. Check your printer
> selection..."
>
> Any Ideas of how to get this working???

Tried it, didn't not help. It seems that nothing I do can get a print from
Quickbooks on the remote session to print on the local session. I've tried
setting the "Intuit Internal Printer" to LPT2 and the HP PSC 950 printer to
both COM1 & LPT1. Nether helped. Only the "Intuit Internal Printer" is
carried to the remote session and it fails to print to the local session.
I'd remove the "Intuit Internal Printer", but I need it to send forms with
attached PDF files.

Any more ideas???

> See if this KB article helps...
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

> "Richard Moreno" <moreno5958@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I'm having a problem with Windows XP Remote Desktop Printing to a local
> > printer from a remote session. I've a Windowx XP Pro box with Quickboos
> > installed at the office and a Windows Pro box at home with a HP PSC 950
> > printer and Quickbooks installed.
> >
> > The HP PSC 950 printer is attached to my home computer via a USB cable.
Its
> > properties lists it port specification as DOT. My home computer also
has a
> > soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to LPT1. My
Office
> > computer has a soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to
LPT1
> > as well.
> >
> > Now, When I connect and establish a session with my office computer via
> > Remote Desktop from my home computer the only printer of my home
computer
> > available to the remote session is the "Intuit Internal Printer". When
> > try to print to it I get the following error:
> >
> > Warning: "Intuit Printer Library: Could not open printer. Check your
printer
> > selection..."
> >
> > Any Ideas of how to get this working???

No...sorry...

--

> Tried it, didn't not help. It seems that nothing I do can get a print from
> Quickbooks on the remote session to print on the local session. I've tried
> setting the "Intuit Internal Printer" to LPT2 and the HP PSC 950 printer to
> both COM1 & LPT1. Nether helped. Only the "Intuit Internal Printer" is
> carried to the remote session and it fails to print to the local session.
> I'd remove the "Intuit Internal Printer", but I need it to send forms with
> attached PDF files.
>
> Any more ideas???
>

> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> See if this KB article helps...
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>>
>> "Richard Moreno" <moreno5958@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > I'm having a problem with Windows XP Remote Desktop Printing to a local
>> > printer from a remote session. I've a Windowx XP Pro box with Quickboos
>> > installed at the office and a Windows Pro box at home with a HP PSC 950
>> > printer and Quickbooks installed.
>> >
>> > The HP PSC 950 printer is attached to my home computer via a USB cable.
> Its
>> > properties lists it port specification as DOT. My home computer also
> has a
>> > soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to LPT1. My
> Office
>> > computer has a soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to
> LPT1
>> > as well.
>> >
>> > Now, When I connect and establish a session with my office computer via
>> > Remote Desktop from my home computer the only printer of my home
> computer
>> > available to the remote session is the "Intuit Internal Printer". When
>> > try to print to it I get the following error:
>> >
>> > Warning: "Intuit Printer Library: Could not open printer. Check your
> printer
>> > selection..."
>> >
>> > Any Ideas of how to get this working???

Take a look at the link Patrick Rouse has posted in a similar thread
adjacent to this one.

Have you ensured that the driver for the printer is available at the host
machine--i.e. the one whose desktop you are working with when you wish to
print?

There are two parts needed here--1) getting the printer port redirected, and
2) making sure that the driver is available at the host.

If (2) is the problem, there will be event log entries at the host machine
which will help out--right-click My Computer, choose manage, expand Event
logs, and look in the System event log.

"Richard Moreno" <moreno5958@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Tried it, didn't not help. It seems that nothing I do can get a print
> from
> Quickbooks on the remote session to print on the local session. I've
> tried
> setting the "Intuit Internal Printer" to LPT2 and the HP PSC 950 printer
> both COM1 & LPT1. Nether helped. Only the "Intuit Internal Printer" is
> carried to the remote session and it fails to print to the local session.
> I'd remove the "Intuit Internal Printer", but I need it to send forms with
> attached PDF files.
>
> Any more ideas???
>

> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> See if this KB article helps...
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>>
>> "Richard Moreno" <moreno5958@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > I'm having a problem with Windows XP Remote Desktop Printing to a local
>> > printer from a remote session. I've a Windowx XP Pro box with
>> > Quickboos
>> > installed at the office and a Windows Pro box at home with a HP PSC 950
>> > printer and Quickbooks installed.
>> >
>> > The HP PSC 950 printer is attached to my home computer via a USB cable.
> Its
>> > properties lists it port specification as DOT. My home computer also
> has a
>> > soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to LPT1. My
> Office
>> > computer has a soft printer named "Intuit Internal Printer" attached to
> LPT1
>> > as well.
>> >
>> > Now, When I connect and establish a session with my office computer via
>> > Remote Desktop from my home computer the only printer of my home
> computer
>> > available to the remote session is the "Intuit Internal Printer". When
>> > try to print to it I get the following error:
>> >
>> > Warning: "Intuit Printer Library: Could not open printer. Check your
> printer
>> > selection..."
>> >
>> > Any Ideas of how to get this working???

Malc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2001

I have sim prob.

until recently my local printer at home would bevcome the default printer
for any app runiing on my office PC when I accesed the office PC vis remote
desktop form home. This has stopped happening . Can anybody say why?