When I am connecting with remote desktop to workstations in the network I am getting a message that the local security policy is keeping me from loggin on interactively.

Our environment is Win XP and some of the workstations work and some don't help.....

See if this KB article help...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289289

"Renee Starkey" wrote:

> When I am connecting with remote desktop to workstations in the network I am getting a message that the local security policy is keeping me from loggin on interactively.
>
> Our environment is Win XP and some of the workstations work and some don't help.....

That does not help with the problem it is a security setting at the local level that i am looking for.

The other issue is in User Rights assignment (available via Group
Policy). You need to enable the "Log on via Terminal Services" user
right to the Remote Desktop Users group. (apparently this setting was
not reset when you upgraded your version of Windows).

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Mon, 3 May 2004 13:41:05 -0700, "Renee Starkey"