Another Printing Question

I have a XP Home connecting to XP Professional via Remote Desktop. Problem is that my local printer does not automatically show up as an available printer. I can reinstall it each time I logon and share it out and use "net use" to print to it via DOS, etc.

How can I get it to reconnect automatically every time I logon?? Right now I am thinking of developing script/batch file to do this...any other ideas. Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about another printing question

    Is it a USB printer? See if this KB article helps...

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "ithorse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a XP Home connecting to XP Professional via Remote Desktop. Problem is that my local
    >printer does not automatically show up as an available printer. I can reinstall it each time I
    >logon and share it out and use "net use" to print to it via DOS, etc.
    >
    > How can I get it to reconnect automatically every time I logon?? Right now I am thinking of
    > developing script/batch file to do this...any other ideas. Thanks

    Hi,
    I've got the same problem but I think this kb article won't help because I have an OfficeJet K80 with just a USB connector (no parallel port)
    How could I solve this problem?
    Dieter

    kbid 302361:
    "...Um dieses Problem auf einem Clientcomputer zu beheben, der über ein Multifunktionsdruckgerät verfügt, ändern Sie den Anschluss, den das Multifunktionsdruckgerät verwendet, von DOT4 auf einen LPT-Anschluss.... "
    "...To solve the problem on a clientcomputer that is connected to multifunction device, change the connection from DOT4 to LPT...."

    http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com

    ----- Zaphod wrote: -----

    Hi,
    I've got the same problem but I think this kb article won't help because I have an OfficeJet K80 with just a USB connector (no parallel port)
    How could I solve this problem?
    Dieter

    kbid 302361:
    "...Um dieses Problem auf einem Clientcomputer zu beheben, der über ein Multifunktionsdruckgerät verfügt, ändern Sie den Anschluss, den das Multifunktionsdruckgerät verwendet, von DOT4 auf einen LPT-Anschluss.... "
    "...To solve the problem on a clientcomputer that is connected to multifunction device, change the connection from DOT4 to LPT...."

Windows XP Printers