Another Printing Question

April 30, 2004 3:21:04 PM

I have a XP Home connecting to XP Professional via Remote Desktop. Problem is that my local printer does not automatically show up as an available printer. I can reinstall it each time I logon and share it out and use "net use" to print to it via DOS, etc.

How can I get it to reconnect automatically every time I logon?? Right now I am thinking of developing script/batch file to do this...any other ideas. Thanks

More about : printing question

Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:12:46 PM

Is it a USB printer? See if this KB article helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"ithorse" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a XP Home connecting to XP Professional via Remote Desktop. Problem is that my local
>printer does not automatically show up as an available printer. I can reinstall it each time I
>logon and share it out and use "net use" to print to it via DOS, etc.
>
> How can I get it to reconnect automatically every time I logon?? Right now I am thinking of
> developing script/batch file to do this...any other ideas. Thanks
May 1, 2004 4:21:02 AM

Hi,
I've got the same problem but I think this kb article won't help because I have an OfficeJet K80 with just a USB connector (no parallel port)
How could I solve this problem?
Dieter

kbid 302361:
"...Um dieses Problem auf einem Clientcomputer zu beheben, der über ein Multifunktionsdruckgerät verfügt, ändern Sie den Anschluss, den das Multifunktionsdruckgerät verwendet, von DOT4 auf einen LPT-Anschluss.... "
"...To solve the problem on a clientcomputer that is connected to multifunction device, change the connection from DOT4 to LPT...."
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 4:31:02 AM

http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

Patrick Rouse