Remote desktop on 2nd pc in home network

i have 2 pcs on my home network and would like to access
the 2nd pc on my home network using remote desktop how
can i do this ? i have no problems accessing the 1st one
but cant access the 2nd one..
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop home network

    Fear345 wrote:
    > i have 2 pcs on my home network and would like to access
    > the 2nd pc on my home network using remote desktop how
    > can i do this ? i have no problems accessing the 1st one
    > but cant access the 2nd one..

    More information needed..

    OS on both systems?
    What type of home network (private or public IPs?)
    Firewalls on either PC?
    Can the two computers communicate in ways other than Remote Desktop now?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    I'll guess that you're coming into the first computer from
    outside your home network and assume both are running XP
    Pro.

    If you are not using a router, I don't know how to do it.

    If you are using a router, you must have opened up port
    3389 and directed it to the first computer as a "virtual
    server". The solution is to open up a second port and map
    it to the second computer. Then configure Windows Remote
    Desktop to listen on this port.

    To have Remote Desktop listen on a different port on
    computer two, open Regedit. Be very careful as always
    with regedit. Now dig down to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Termina
    lServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber and change the
    number to whatever you set up on the router. Reboot and
    you should be all set. When you come to access computer
    two from outside, use the other port number (eg. if you
    normally type 123.123.123.111 to get to your first
    computer, and the new port number is 555, type
    123.123.123.111:555 to get to computer two).

    Full instructions are at
    us;306759&sd=tech

    Best regards,
    Steve