remote connection from XP to 2000

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I know that remote desktop won't work for controlling a 2000 machine from an XP machine. I am having difficulty locating something which does a similar job. Please point me in the right direction.
I have heard of a VPC, but cannot find anything on that. Nor does my XP machine seem to have netmeeting.

Dan wrote:
> I know that remote desktop won't work for controlling a 2000 machine
> from an XP machine. I am having difficulty locating something which
> does a similar job. Please point me in the right direction. I have
> heard of a VPC, but cannot find anything on that. Nor does my XP
> machine seem to have netmeeting.

Look for UltraVNC.
http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

--
<- Shenan ->

Also, give a look at TightVNC that works for me.

The nice thing about UltraVNC, versus other flavors of VNC, is that it comes with an encryption
plug-in. By design VNC is not natively encrypted presenting a potential security risk if used over
the public internet. One workaround to that is to run VNC through a VPN tunnel.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> Also, give a look at TightVNC that works for me.

Try VNC or TightVNC

URL of http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 4 May 2004 06:25:19 -0700,

NetMeeting is an option from XP to 2000

See: "HowTo: Use Netmeeting in XP to Talk To 2000" on the boards.

"Dan" wrote:

> I know that remote desktop won't work for controlling a 2000 machine from an XP machine. I am having difficulty locating something which does a similar job. Please point me in the right direction.
> I have heard of a VPC, but cannot find anything on that. Nor does my XP machine seem to have netmeeting.

Take a look at this it may do the trick for you too.
http://www.tridiavncpro.com/product/index.php?pc=GOOGLEVNC2#