remote connection from XP to 2000

I know that remote desktop won't work for controlling a 2000 machine from an XP machine. I am having difficulty locating something which does a similar job. Please point me in the right direction.
I have heard of a VPC, but cannot find anything on that. Nor does my XP machine seem to have netmeeting.
7 answers Last reply
More about remote connection 2000

    Dan wrote:
    > I know that remote desktop won't work for controlling a 2000 machine
    > from an XP machine. I am having difficulty locating something which
    > does a similar job. Please point me in the right direction. I have
    > heard of a VPC, but cannot find anything on that. Nor does my XP
    > machine seem to have netmeeting.

    Look for UltraVNC.
    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Also, give a look at TightVNC that works for me.

    The nice thing about UltraVNC, versus other flavors of VNC, is that it comes with an encryption
    plug-in. By design VNC is not natively encrypted presenting a potential security risk if used over
    the public internet. One workaround to that is to run VNC through a VPN tunnel.

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > Also, give a look at TightVNC that works for me.

    Try VNC or TightVNC

    URL of http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 06:25:19 -0700,

    NetMeeting is an option from XP to 2000

    See: "HowTo: Use Netmeeting in XP to Talk To 2000" on the boards.

    "Dan" wrote:

    > I know that remote desktop won't work for controlling a 2000 machine from an XP machine. I am having difficulty locating something which does a similar job. Please point me in the right direction.
    > I have heard of a VPC, but cannot find anything on that. Nor does my XP machine seem to have netmeeting.

    Take a look at this it may do the trick for you too.
    http://www.tridiavncpro.com/product/index.php?pc=GOOGLEVNC2#

    "Brian Reed" wrote:

    > NetMeeting is an option from XP to 2000
    >
    > See: "HowTo: Use Netmeeting in XP to Talk To 2000" on the boards.
    >
    > "Dan" wrote:
    >
    > > I know that remote desktop won't work for controlling a 2000 machine from an XP machine. I am having difficulty locating something which does a similar job. Please point me in the right direction.
    > > I have heard of a VPC, but cannot find anything on that. Nor does my XP machine seem to have netmeeting.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP