Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Open a video or photo in Explorer get kicked out to metro

Last response: in Windows 8
November 14, 2012 3:22:05 AM

Every time I am in Windows Explorer and I open a photo or video and then close it, I am kicked back out into the metro interface and from there I have to re-click on the desktop icon to get back to Windows Explorer and my files. This is really annoying. Is there a way to stop this? Is there a way to open the window only in a smaller size so I can still see the rest of Windows Explorer?

Thanks
a b * Windows 8
November 14, 2012 3:25:52 AM

I changed the default program to Photo Gallery to resolve that. It bothered me also.;
m
l

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
November 14, 2012 3:27:03 AM

nativeson8803 said:
Every time I am in Windows Explorer and I open a photo or video and then close it, I am kicked back out into the metro interface and from there I have to re-click on the desktop icon to get back to Windows Explorer and my files. This is really annoying. Is there a way to stop this? Is there a way to open the window only in a smaller size so I can still see the rest of Windows Explorer?

Thanks

Windows 8 comes with a lot of default applications that use the Metro interface. The traditional applications are still there, just gotta select em as default. When you install a new application that can handle the file type such as VLC Player or MPC-HC it will tell you that a new application can handle the file even if that application did not change the file type association upon installation.
November 23, 2012 11:38:57 PM

Best answer selected by nativeson8803.
m
l
!