AVI to MPEG

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 4, 2004 10:38:27 AM

HELP...
I have a number of AVI files generated directly from video
camera...they play just fine in several players...and editors...
I need to convert them to MPEG... I have tried with several products
and just to test, several other converters...
It builds a very small file and then says...(see attached)
An error occured while attempting to convert the input file:
?????????.
OR Invalid file format...

What's going on here...
the test file size is 1gig but i have several 10 to 13 gig files to
convert...

i am running XP on a high speed machine and external drives 300gig...
i have copied the test file to the internal disk and the error still
occurs...

please give me some suggestions...

thanks
ed

More about : avi mpeg

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 10:25:34 PM

"Ed Jones" <enj@arcsystems.com> wrote in message
> HELP...
> I have a number of AVI files generated directly from video
> camera...they play just fine in several players...and editors...
> I need to convert them to MPEG... I have tried with several products
> and just to test, several other converters...
> It builds a very small file and then says...(see attached)
> An error occured while attempting to convert the input file:
> ?????????.
> OR Invalid file format...
>
> What's going on here...
> the test file size is 1gig but i have several 10 to 13 gig files to
> convert...
>
> i am running XP on a high speed machine and external drives 300gig...
> i have copied the test file to the internal disk and the error still
> occurs...
>
> please give me some suggestions...
>
> thanks
> ed

What program are you trying to use to do mpeg encoding?

I find TMPGenc works fine, just slow.

Mike T
!