  • VPN
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
May 4, 2004 4:21:02 PM

hi all,
Please help.
How can I transfer files between my home computer and the office computer
The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP is on both ends.

Thanks in advance.

More about : transfer files vpn

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 7:22:16 PM

Cut-n-paste between folders is one way...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"OMikhail" <omikhail@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> hi all,
> Please help.
> How can I transfer files between my home computer and the office computer
> The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP is on both ends.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
May 4, 2004 7:22:17 PM

Thanks. What is the other alternatives?

--Regards,
O. Mikhail

----- Sooner Al wrote: -----

Cut-n-paste between folders is one way...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"OMikhail" <omikhail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi all,
> Please help.
> How can I transfer files between my home computer and the office computer
> The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP is on both ends.
>> Thanks in advance.

May 4, 2004 7:22:18 PM

If you are looking for a consistent transfer mechanism
Fileback PC is an inexpensive program that will automate
this. Pending you are always connected. Using
Synchronization of folders is one way as well. For a one
time transfer, "cut-n-paste" or "drag and drop"(same
thing) are standard methods.

Jason Coleman
Platform Horizons LLC.

group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights...

> "OMikhail" <omikhail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
85DE1D78B5A6@microsoft.com...
> >> hi all,
> > Please help.
> > How can I transfer files between my home computer
and the office computer
> > The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP
is on both ends.
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
>.

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 1:12:06 AM

I do command line copying (which seems to be faster than shell based
transfers).

To syncronize a directory between computes, I use robocopy...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:41:34 -0700, "Jason Coleman"

>If you are looking for a consistent transfer mechanism
>Fileback PC is an inexpensive program that will automate
>this. Pending you are always connected. Using
>Synchronization of folders is one way as well. For a one
>time transfer, "cut-n-paste" or "drag and drop"(same
>thing) are standard methods.
>
>Jason Coleman
>Platform Horizons LLC.

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 12:51:02 PM

hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Greatly appreciate your help.
I tried Fileback PC. It just does not work.
It can't see my VPN connection and therefore unable to transfer files to
the remote connection.
Is there any other method to synchronize the files over VPN?
--Regards,
O. Mikhail
!