How to transfer files if using VPN

hi all,
Please help.
How can I transfer files between my home computer and the office computer
The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP is on both ends.

Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about transfer files

    Cut-n-paste between folders is one way...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "OMikhail" <omikhail@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > hi all,
    > Please help.
    > How can I transfer files between my home computer and the office computer
    > The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP is on both ends.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Thanks. What is the other alternatives?

    --Regards,
    O. Mikhail

    ----- Sooner Al wrote: -----

    Cut-n-paste between folders is one way...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "OMikhail" <omikhail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> hi all,
    > Please help.
    > How can I transfer files between my home computer and the office computer
    > The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP is on both ends.
    >> Thanks in advance.

    If you are looking for a consistent transfer mechanism
    Fileback PC is an inexpensive program that will automate
    this. Pending you are always connected. Using
    Synchronization of folders is one way as well. For a one
    time transfer, "cut-n-paste" or "drag and drop"(same
    thing) are standard methods.

    Jason Coleman
    Platform Horizons LLC.

    group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
    warranties, and confers no rights...

    > "OMikhail" <omikhail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    85DE1D78B5A6@microsoft.com...
    > >> hi all,
    > > Please help.
    > > How can I transfer files between my home computer
    and the office computer
    > > The connection is done through VPN and Windows XP
    is on both ends.
    > >> Thanks in advance.
    > >>
    >.

    I do command line copying (which seems to be faster than shell based
    transfers).

    To syncronize a directory between computes, I use robocopy...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 14:41:34 -0700, "Jason Coleman"

    >If you are looking for a consistent transfer mechanism
    >Fileback PC is an inexpensive program that will automate
    >this. Pending you are always connected. Using
    >Synchronization of folders is one way as well. For a one
    >time transfer, "cut-n-paste" or "drag and drop"(same
    >thing) are standard methods.
    >
    >Jason Coleman
    >Platform Horizons LLC.

    hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Greatly appreciate your help.
    I tried Fileback PC. It just does not work.
    It can't see my VPN connection and therefore unable to transfer files to
    the remote connection.
    Is there any other method to synchronize the files over VPN?
    --Regards,
    O. Mikhail

vpn Computers Windows XP