VCD w/Nerovision Exp - why is file size inflated?

I have a file from archive.org encoded using MPEG1 that is 266M. When
I attempt to write it to a VCD using Nero, the size becomes 745M, more
than can fit on a CD. How can I prevent Nero from inflating this file
size, changing the compression, or whatever is happening? I can't
find the setting. Secondly, does anybody know of free/open source VCD
creation software?

Thanks,

JM
1 answer Last reply
More about nerovision file size inflated

    On 4 Sep 2004 09:48:47 -0700, JM wrote:
    > I have a file from archive.org encoded using MPEG1 that is 266M. When
    > I attempt to write it to a VCD using Nero, the size becomes 745M, more
    > than can fit on a CD. How can I prevent Nero from inflating this file
    > size, changing the compression, or whatever is happening?

    As far as I know, the mpg on a VCD has a ceirtain format.
    There is a similar question in the FAQ coming with the
    avi2vcd program (for Windows).

    http://home.cogeco.ca/~avi2vcd/

Tuner Cards File Size VCD Graphics