VCD w/Nerovision Exp - why is file size inflated?

JM

I have a file from archive.org encoded using MPEG1 that is 266M. When
I attempt to write it to a VCD using Nero, the size becomes 745M, more
than can fit on a CD. How can I prevent Nero from inflating this file
size, changing the compression, or whatever is happening? I can't
find the setting. Secondly, does anybody know of free/open source VCD
creation software?

Thanks,

JM

On 4 Sep 2004 09:48:47 -0700, JM wrote:
> I have a file from archive.org encoded using MPEG1 that is 266M. When
> I attempt to write it to a VCD using Nero, the size becomes 745M, more
> than can fit on a CD. How can I prevent Nero from inflating this file
> size, changing the compression, or whatever is happening?

As far as I know, the mpg on a VCD has a ceirtain format.
There is a similar question in the FAQ coming with the
avi2vcd program (for Windows).

http://home.cogeco.ca/~avi2vcd/