Closed

Pass the user Password by Command line

May 5, 2004 5:31:09 AM

How can I pass the user name, Password & domain from command line to connect to remote desktop in XP
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 9:45:55 AM

If you start the Remote Desktop connection applet you have the option to save login information
including the user name, password and domain in a file with a .rdp extension. Using the command line
command 'mstsc' you can then specify the saved .rdp file as one of the parameters. Example...

mstsc connectionfilename.rdp

Open "Start -> Help and Support" and search on the string mstsc for the proper command line syntax.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Rajesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D B2908A5-6110-4788-AFBC-A809A8EB204A@microsoft.com...
> How can I pass the user name, Password & domain from command line to connect to remote desktop in
> XP
May 8, 2004 3:51:03 AM

I checked the help using "mstsc /?" it is of no help ,
Actualy I am trying to get the user name, password , & the domain from an excell file and and need to automate the process of login to n number of remote connections. so I was planning to put he commant line in a while loop and loop through the file.
Further is there a way to know if the connectioon is established or not
May 8, 2004 11:30:40 PM

You would need to create a .rdp file, though...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 7 May 2004 23:51:03 -0700, Rajesh

>I checked the help using "mstsc /?" it is of no help ,
>Actualy I am trying to get the user name, password , & the domain from an excell file and and need to automate the process of login to n number of remote connections. so I was planning to put he commant line in a while loop and loop through the file.
>Further is there a way to know if the connectioon is established or not
February 9, 2010 2:57:04 AM

Rajesh, were you able to saolve this ? I need to wrie a script to login to n numberofremote computers and logoff after sucessful login. Can you please help me with this?
February 9, 2010 3:02:10 AM

Buddy! You are trying to awake a 5 1/2 years thread!
don't do that!
February 9, 2010 3:07:51 AM

saran008 said:
Buddy! You are trying to awake a 5 1/2 years thread!
don't do that!

Agree .... sorry if thats a violation.....noticed that its been 5 years.....just that i need this script some how....new to scripting so dont know any thing else to do? You think you can help Saran?
February 9, 2010 3:11:17 AM

Start a New thread immediately with your problem and let the people help you!
February 9, 2010 5:51:12 AM

This topic has been closed by R_manic
!