Remote Desktop Disconnected

We were hit by the Sasser worm virus. Now we can't connect to some of our Windows 2000 servers using XP's Remote Desktop Connection. The error we receive is "Remote Desktop Disconnected". Does anyone have any advice.
Thanks,
Tony
4 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop disconnected

    One additional piece of information the following error is seen the Event Viewer System Log:

    The RDP protocol component "DATA ENCRYPTION" detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client.

    The source is TermDD.

    I hope this helps anyone help us.
    Thanks,
    Tony

    Hey Tony.. I just tried an old fix for 2000 on my XP machine for this.. you have to edit the registry but this works. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters

    go in here and delete the CERTIFICATE string then reboot. It will regenerate that string and you will be able to remote back into your systems.

    Thanks Chris that fixed it. I owe you.
    Thanks,
    Tony

    Chris, you are a legend!
    Worked like a charm.

    Thanks.

    ----- Chris wrote: -----

    Hey Tony.. I just tried an old fix for 2000 on my XP machine for this.. you have to edit the registry but this works. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters

    go in here and delete the CERTIFICATE string then reboot. It will regenerate that string and you will be able to remote back into your systems.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP