Video capture - is shareware or freeware available?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

I have a Win98 system with 256 RAM.

I'd like to save to my hard drive the video of the recent incident
where Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, lost her skirt. I've found a
site that has the news video available, but I don't know how to save
it. Is there a shareware or freeware program available that'll do the
job?

BTW, I use Total Recorder (very inexpensive) for capturing audio. If
there is no shareware/freeware video capture program available, is
there a very inexpensive video equivalent of Total Recorder available
somewhere?

Thanks very much.

"fan" <fan@fan.com> wrote in message
> I have a Win98 system with 256 RAM.
>
> I'd like to save to my hard drive the video of the recent incident
> where Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, lost her skirt. I've found a
> site that has the news video available, but I don't know how to save
> it. Is there a shareware or freeware program available that'll do the
> job?
>
> BTW, I use Total Recorder (very inexpensive) for capturing audio. If
> there is no shareware/freeware video capture program available, is
> there a very inexpensive video equivalent of Total Recorder available
> somewhere?

http://www.scenalyzer.com/

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

I've had success with SDP Multimedia

http://sdp.ppona.com

fan wrote:

> I have a Win98 system with 256 RAM.
>
> I'd like to save to my hard drive the video of the recent incident
> where Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, lost her skirt. I've found a
> site that has the news video available, but I don't know how to save
> it. Is there a shareware or freeware program available that'll do the
> job?
>
> BTW, I use Total Recorder (very inexpensive) for capturing audio. If
> there is no shareware/freeware video capture program available, is
> there a very inexpensive video equivalent of Total Recorder available
> somewhere?
>
> Thanks very much.

Try VirtualDub.

www.virtualdub.org

Free and open source (Windows only, GPL license)

fan <fan@fan.com> wrote in news:0nfnj0p39i3ffgho5gtm1q8t6hos072bpl@4ax.com:

> I'd like to save to my hard drive the video of the recent incident
> where Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, lost her skirt. I've found a
> site that has the news video available, but I don't know how to save
> it. Is there a shareware or freeware program available that'll do the
> job?

That would be something like ASFrecorder, Streambox etc.

But the video has been posted to celebrity newsgroups, you could download
it from there.

--
Onno Voors

> "fan" <fan@fan.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Win98 system with 256 RAM.
> >
> > I'd like to save to my hard drive the video of the recent incident
> > where Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, lost her skirt. I've found a
> > site that has the news video available, but I don't know how to save
> > it. Is there a shareware or freeware program available that'll do the
> > job?
> >
> > BTW, I use Total Recorder (very inexpensive) for capturing audio. If
> > there is no shareware/freeware video capture program available, is
> > there a very inexpensive video equivalent of Total Recorder available
> > somewhere?
>
> http://www.scenalyzer.com/

freeware?

dave

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

"dmacka" wrote ...

> > http://www.scenalyzer.com/
> >

> freeware?

incrediblycheapforthevalueware
the next closest thing to freeware

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

On 06 Sep 2004 07:52:29 GMT, Onno Voors <ok-NOSPAMww1@SVPxs4all.nl>
wrote:

>fan <fan@fan.com> wrote in news:0nfnj0p39i3ffgho5gtm1q8t6hos072bpl@4ax.com:
>
>> I'd like to save to my hard drive the video of the recent incident
>> where Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, lost her skirt. I've found a
>> site that has the news video available, but I don't know how to save
>> it. Is there a shareware or freeware program available that'll do the
>> job?
>
>That would be something like ASFrecorder, Streambox etc.
>
>But the video has been posted to celebrity newsgroups, you could download
>it from there.

Thanks, Onno Voors. However, I just checked
alt.binaries.celebrities.*** newsgroups and didn't see it. Which
one(s) has it been posted to?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.comp.freeware (More info?)

fan <fan@fan.com> wrote in

> I just checked
> alt.binaries.celebrities.*** newsgroups and didn't see it. Which
> one(s) has it been posted to?

OT question, but anyway:
There is also alt.binaries.nude.celebrities.*

--
Onno Voors

wrote:

>fan <fan@fan.com> wrote in news:0nfnj0p39i3ffgho5gtm1q8t6hos072bpl@4ax.com:
>
>> I'd like to save to my hard drive the video of the recent incident
>> where Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, lost her skirt. I've found a
>> site that has the news video available, but I don't know how to save
>> it. Is there a shareware or freeware program available that'll do the
>> job?
>
>That would be something like ASFrecorder, Streambox etc.
>
>But the video has been posted to celebrity newsgroups, you could download
>it from there.

alt.showbiz.gossip and alt.gossip.celebrities newsgroups do not allow
binary postings. Did you mean celebrity web sites?

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:46:12 -0500, M.L. <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>>But the video has been posted to celebrity newsgroups, you could download
>>it from there.
>
>alt.showbiz.gossip and alt.gossip.celebrities newsgroups do not allow
>binary postings. Did you mean celebrity web sites?

I'm sure there are binary celebrity newsgroups.

Anyway, the clip is here:

http://www.punchbaby.com/media/gitfakt/clips/TV/wardrobemalfunction.wmv

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net