How does RDP work over VPN

May 5, 2004 3:21:02 PM

I'm fairly new to the RDP side of things and was wondering if somebody could explain how RDP works over VPN. Once the VPN connection is established will RDP automatically use this tunnel when I connect to the remote machine? Both machines are running XP Pro and I'm using XP's VPN software.

Also, if I'm using RDP over VPN do I still need to forward port 3389 on the router?

Many thanks.

More about : rdp work vpn

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 1:21:05 AM

Once you establish a VPN tunnel, you will be a member of the remote
network. If you specify the private address of the remote RD server,
you will be using the VPN tunnel for connectivity.

No, if you are using a VPN to access the other network, only the VPN
port needs to be forwarded.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Wed, 5 May 2004 11:21:02 -0700, "Pete"

!