frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Anybody have any idea when this add-on for HL2 will be released? I believe
it will be a free download from Steam, correct?

Frank

Andrew

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 13:01:49 GMT, "Frank" <fjbals@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Anybody have any idea when this add-on for HL2 will be released?

Valve probably do.

> I believe
>it will be a free download from Steam, correct?

Yes.

shawk

"Frank" <fjbals@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Anybody have any idea when this add-on for HL2 will be released? I believe
> it will be a free download from Steam, correct?
>
> Frank

Can't answer your question sorry but one question of my own - what do you
mean by add-on? - far as I'm aware Lost Coast isonly one level cut from HL2
and about to be released to demonstrate HDR. Do you mean Aftermath which is
an expansion? Just didn't want you to be disappointed when it does come
out.

Shawk wrote:
> "Frank" <fjbals@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>
>>Anybody have any idea when this add-on for HL2 will be released? I believe
>>it will be a free download from Steam, correct?
>>
>>Frank
>>

> Can't answer your question sorry but one question of my own - what do you
> mean by add-on? - far as I'm aware Lost Coast isonly one level cut from HL2
> and about to be released to demonstrate HDR. Do you mean Aftermath which is
> an expansion? Just didn't want you to be disappointed when it does come
> out.

Aftermath is a tech demo, and the level was made for the demo (i.e. NOT
cut from HL2). It's self-contained.

GFree wrote:

>>> Anybody have any idea when this add-on for HL2 will be released? I
>>> believe it will be a free download from Steam, correct?
>>>
>>> Frank
>>>

>> Can't answer your question sorry but one question of my own - what do
>> you mean by add-on? - far as I'm aware Lost Coast isonly one level cut
>> from HL2 and about to be released to demonstrate HDR. Do you mean
>> Aftermath which is an expansion? Just didn't want you to be
>> disappointed when it does come out.
>

> Aftermath is a tech demo, and the level was made for the demo (i.e. NOT
> cut from HL2). It's self-contained.

I think what he meant by "cut from HL2" was that the level was
originally supposed to be a part of HL2, but for some reason was not
included.. either something to do with storyboarding or maybe short dev
time trying to get the game out onto the market before HL Fans kicked up
even more of a stink than they already had been doing for the previous
18 months :)

--
Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

Ben Cottrell wrote:

>>> Can't answer your question sorry but one question of my own - what do
>>> you mean by add-on? - far as I'm aware Lost Coast isonly one level
>>> cut from HL2 and about to be released to demonstrate HDR. Do you
>>> mean Aftermath which is an expansion? Just didn't want you to be
>>> disappointed when it does come out.
>>

>> Aftermath is a tech demo, and the level was made for the demo (i.e.
>> NOT cut from HL2). It's self-contained.
>

> I think what he meant by "cut from HL2" was that the level was
> originally supposed to be a part of HL2, but for some reason was not
> included.. either something to do with storyboarding or maybe short dev
> time trying to get the game out onto the market before HL Fans kicked up
> even more of a stink than they already had been doing for the previous
> 18 months :)

I know what he meant. I was just under the impression that the level was
specifically designed to show off the HDR capabilities, as in, the level
was designed on it's own and was not part of the HL2 development phase
until after the game was released.

shawk

"GFree" <neon@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ben Cottrell wrote:

>>> Aftermath is a tech demo, and the level was made for the demo (i.e. NOT
>>> cut from HL2). It's self-contained.
>>

>> I think what he meant by "cut from HL2" was that the level was originally
>> supposed to be a part of HL2, but for some reason was not included..
>> either something to do with storyboarding or maybe short dev time trying
>> to get the game out onto the market before HL Fans kicked up even more of
>> a stink than they already had been doing for the previous 18 months :)
>
> I know what he meant. I was just under the impression that the level was
> specifically designed to show off the HDR capabilities, as in, the level
> was designed on it's own and was not part of the HL2 development phase
> until after the game was released.

IIRC it was a level that was planned to be in the game (and the fisherman
was also meant to be in HL2) but was never made for whatever reason. It has
now been made as a tech demo for HDR. Seems to me we are both correct? The
point however is that it is one level only - I didn't want Frank to be
expecting (and then be disappointed that it isn't) more.

Shawk wrote:
> IIRC it was a level that was planned to be in the game (and the fisherman
> was also meant to be in HL2) but was never made for whatever reason. It has
> now been made as a tech demo for HDR. Seems to me we are both correct? The
> point however is that it is one level only - I didn't want Frank to be
> expecting (and then be disappointed that it isn't) more.

True. Some people were expecting this to be fairly long, but according
to 1up.com it's gonna be around 10 minutes, which sounds about right for
a tech demo level.

Frank wrote:
> Anybody have any idea when this add-on for HL2 will be released? I believe
> it will be a free download from Steam, correct?

> Frank

<valvespeak>Its coming soon </valvespeak>

<translation>Sometime this millenium... maybe</translation>

GFree wrote:
> Shawk wrote:
>
>> IIRC it was a level that was planned to be in the game (and the
>> fisherman was also meant to be in HL2) but was never made for whatever
>> reason. It has now been made as a tech demo for HDR. Seems to me we
>> are both correct? The point however is that it is one level only - I
>> didn't want Frank to be expecting (and then be disappointed that it
>> isn't) more.
>

> True. Some people were expecting this to be fairly long, but according
> to 1up.com it's gonna be around 10 minutes, which sounds about right for
> a tech demo level.

Looks like some of you are confusing Aftermath with Lost Cost.

GFree wrote:
> Shawk wrote:
>
>> IIRC it was a level that was planned to be in the game (and the
>> fisherman was also meant to be in HL2) but was never made for whatever
>> reason. It has now been made as a tech demo for HDR. Seems to me we
>> are both correct? The point however is that it is one level only - I
>> didn't want Frank to be expecting (and then be disappointed that it
>> isn't) more.
>

> True. Some people were expecting this to be fairly long, but according
> to 1up.com it's gonna be around 10 minutes, which sounds about right for
> a tech demo level.

Looks like some of you are confusing "Aftermath" with "Lost Coast".