Wireless Linksys Router Reset--What happened?

Why, when I reset the router, did I lose my previous configuration? Or, at
least, I lost the downstairs computer's ability to access the upstairs
computer's WORKGROUP. Since the downstairs computer didn't have Windows XP's
System Restore on at the time, I can't try to go back. But, the problem lay
somewhere in "resetting" the upstairs computer. It did something to the
connection between the two computers. Why isn't that a Linksys thing for
which I can ask help?
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless linksys router reset what happened

    "Mordido" <Mordido@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why, when I reset the router, did I lose my previous configuration? Or,
    > at
    > least, I lost the downstairs computer's ability to access the upstairs
    > computer's WORKGROUP. Since the downstairs computer didn't have Windows
    > XP's
    > System Restore on at the time, I can't try to go back. But, the problem
    > lay
    > somewhere in "resetting" the upstairs computer. It did something to the
    > connection between the two computers. Why isn't that a Linksys thing for
    > which I can ask help?

    When you reset the router it went back to defaults, perhaps you
    assigned a different SSID to your LAN other than the default ?.

    rgds
    Li'l Roberto

Wireless Routers Computers Wireless Networking