Wireless Linksys Router Reset--What happened?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
October 8, 2004 6:45:03 AM

Why, when I reset the router, did I lose my previous configuration? Or, at
least, I lost the downstairs computer's ability to access the upstairs
computer's WORKGROUP. Since the downstairs computer didn't have Windows XP's
System Restore on at the time, I can't try to go back. But, the problem lay
somewhere in "resetting" the upstairs computer. It did something to the
connection between the two computers. Why isn't that a Linksys thing for
which I can ask help?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 9, 2004 12:58:44 AM

"Mordido" <Mordido@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why, when I reset the router, did I lose my previous configuration? Or,
> at
> least, I lost the downstairs computer's ability to access the upstairs
> computer's WORKGROUP. Since the downstairs computer didn't have Windows
> XP's
> System Restore on at the time, I can't try to go back. But, the problem
> lay
> somewhere in "resetting" the upstairs computer. It did something to the
> connection between the two computers. Why isn't that a Linksys thing for
> which I can ask help?

When you reset the router it went back to defaults, perhaps you
assigned a different SSID to your LAN other than the default ?.

rgds
Li'l Roberto