VPN and web access

I have been unable to access web pages and email accounts when a VPN is established. Can I do both at the same time? VPN and browes the internet.
8 answers Last reply
More about access

    thought I should mention, I am using Windows XP

    Peter wrote:
    > I have been unable to access web pages and email accounts when a VPN
    > is established. Can I do both at the same time? VPN and browse the
    > internet.

    Yes, it is possible.
    But (and people here will correct me if I am wrong), it is done through the
    VPN obtained IP address when that connection is made. Perhaps your VPN
    server has something in place to prevent you from surfing the web or it just
    is having trouble making the distinction?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Yes you can do both. Does your VPN Server have access to the internet? If no
    and you need to use the internet access of your VPN client, you might have
    to uncheck the "use the default gateway on the remote network" option while
    establishing the VPN connection.

    --
    Thanks,
    Sharoon

    "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have been unable to access web pages and email accounts when a VPN is
    established. Can I do both at the same time? VPN and browes the internet.

    I definately want to use the internet access of the client so the client can do both VPN and internet.

    You might check with your work network administrators about this first. It may be a violation of
    company security policies to do that when connected to your work network via VPN...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    >I definately want to use the internet access of the client so the client can do both VPN and
    >internet.

    It's actually my company and the client computer must be able to VPN and view web pages and download internet files at the same time. Is there a procedure for setting this up?

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1003.mspx

    --

    > It's actually my company and the client computer must be able to VPN and view web pages and
    > download internet files at the same time. Is there a procedure for setting this up?

    It's working for me
    Thanks !

    > You might check with your work network administrators about this first. It
    may be a violation of
    > company security policies to do that when connected to your work network
    via VPN...

    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    > "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I definately want to use the internet access of the client so the client
    can do both VPN and
    > >internet.

vpn Microsoft Windows XP