  • VPN
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 5, 2004 10:01:16 PM

I have been unable to access web pages and email accounts when a VPN is established. Can I do both at the same time? VPN and browes the internet.

More about : vpn web access

May 5, 2004 10:26:03 PM

thought I should mention, I am using Windows XP
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 12:24:46 AM

Peter wrote:
> I have been unable to access web pages and email accounts when a VPN
> is established. Can I do both at the same time? VPN and browse the
> internet.

Yes, it is possible.
But (and people here will correct me if I am wrong), it is done through the
VPN obtained IP address when that connection is made. Perhaps your VPN
server has something in place to prevent you from surfing the web or it just
is having trouble making the distinction?

--
<- Shenan ->
May 6, 2004 5:48:56 PM

Yes you can do both. Does your VPN Server have access to the internet? If no
and you need to use the internet access of your VPN client, you might have
to uncheck the "use the default gateway on the remote network" option while
establishing the VPN connection.

--
Thanks,
Sharoon

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been unable to access web pages and email accounts when a VPN is
established. Can I do both at the same time? VPN and browes the internet.
May 6, 2004 5:48:57 PM

I definately want to use the internet access of the client so the client can do both VPN and internet.
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 5:48:58 PM

You might check with your work network administrators about this first. It may be a violation of
company security policies to do that when connected to your work network via VPN...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>I definately want to use the internet access of the client so the client can do both VPN and
>internet.
May 6, 2004 5:48:59 PM

It's actually my company and the client computer must be able to VPN and view web pages and download internet files at the same time. Is there a procedure for setting this up?
Anonymous
May 6, 2004 5:49:00 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...

--

> It's actually my company and the client computer must be able to VPN and view web pages and
> download internet files at the same time. Is there a procedure for setting this up?
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 1:01:21 PM

It's working for me
Thanks !