Newbie VPN question

May 6, 2004 10:23:15 AM

Can this be done? I have a customer that has 3 offices he
wants to be able to connect to a data base at the main
office remotely. Can a VPN from the 2 remote offices be
set up to do this? Adding to the problem is that his ISP
does not give him a static ip address.
Thanks

More about : newbie vpn question

Anonymous
June 2, 2004 4:16:01 PM

This can be done. look at http://www.microsoft.com/vpn for more details on
how to configure VPN.

If you do not have static address then you might have to change the VPN
server static address each time you get different address for the VPN server
from ISP. There is no easy way around that.

--
-Pawan [MSFT]

rights."
"Bernie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can this be done? I have a customer that has 3 offices he
> wants to be able to connect to a data base at the main
> office remotely. Can a VPN from the 2 remote offices be
> set up to do this? Adding to the problem is that his ISP
> does not give him a static ip address.
> Thanks
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 1:31:35 AM

In the latter case, consider using a dynamic DNS service (like
www.dyndns.org, www.noip.com, etc.)...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

!