Newbie VPN question

Can this be done? I have a customer that has 3 offices he
wants to be able to connect to a data base at the main
office remotely. Can a VPN from the 2 remote offices be
set up to do this? Adding to the problem is that his ISP
does not give him a static ip address.
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about newbie question

    This can be done. look at http://www.microsoft.com/vpn for more details on
    how to configure VPN.

    If you do not have static address then you might have to change the VPN
    server static address each time you get different address for the VPN server
    from ISP. There is no easy way around that.

    --
    -Pawan [MSFT]

    rights."
    "Bernie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can this be done? I have a customer that has 3 offices he
    > wants to be able to connect to a data base at the main
    > office remotely. Can a VPN from the 2 remote offices be
    > set up to do this? Adding to the problem is that his ISP
    > does not give him a static ip address.
    > Thanks

    In the latter case, consider using a dynamic DNS service (like
    www.dyndns.org, www.noip.com, etc.)...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:16:01 +0530, "Pawan Agarwal \(MSFT\)"
    <pawana@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >This can be done. look at http://www.microsoft.com/vpn for more details on
    >how to configure VPN.
    >
    >If you do not have static address then you might have to change the VPN
    >server static address each time you get different address for the VPN server
    >from ISP. There is no easy way around that.

Internet Service Providers vpn Windows XP