Live Firewire Viewer for Win32?

I am looking for a cheap app that will take a DV feed via Firewire and
display it full screen or at any scale on a VGA monitor. I have done a
little searching but haven't found a good solution. I am going to go off and
write one but if anyone has any ideas please post them.

thanks

nappy wrote:
> I am looking for a cheap app that will take a DV feed via Firewire and
> display it full screen or at any scale on a VGA monitor. I have done a
> little searching but haven't found a good solution. I am going to go off and
> write one but if anyone has any ideas please post them.
>
> thanks

Graphedit will do it....
I think many of the samples in the DX SDK will do it also..
All free...

/J

Yeah.. I looked at dvApp.cpp I'll need to tweak it to get full screen
though.. I am not DX9 savvy yet.

I will check out graphedit..

thanks.

"Johan Stäck" <johan@stack.se> wrote in message
> nappy wrote:
> > I am looking for a cheap app that will take a DV feed via Firewire and
> > display it full screen or at any scale on a VGA monitor. I have done a
> > little searching but haven't found a good solution. I am going to go off
and
> > write one but if anyone has any ideas please post them.
> >
> > thanks
> >

> Graphedit will do it....
> I think many of the samples in the DX SDK will do it also..
> All free...
>
> /J

Yeah.. I looked at dvApp.cpp I'll need to tweak it to get full screen
though.. I am not DX9 savvy yet.

Graphedit looks like an incredible tool for testing filters prior to writing
code.. Looks like it will help me inderstand DX better also..

I have a question though.. The version I downloaded, build 011008, will only
allow me to select PAL resolution/frame rate for the DV VID OUT pin of the
"Microsoft DV Camera and VCR " filter.. Can you offer any insight?

thanks for the response. .

"Johan Stäck" <johan@stack.se> wrote in message
> nappy wrote:
> > I am looking for a cheap app that will take a DV feed via Firewire and
> > display it full screen or at any scale on a VGA monitor. I have done a
> > little searching but haven't found a good solution. I am going to go off
and
> > write one but if anyone has any ideas please post them.
> >
> > thanks
> >

> Graphedit will do it....
> I think many of the samples in the DX SDK will do it also..
> All free...
>
> /J

ok.. I got the latest.. And made sure that I had DX9.0c ... Graphedit sort
of works.. but I can't change the framerate of the capture filter.... it's
odd.. seems to always think it is pal.

nappy wrote:
> ok.. I got the latest.. And made sure that I had DX9.0c ... Graphedit sort
> of works.. but I can't change the framerate of the capture filter.... it's
> odd.. seems to always think it is pal.

I have only worked with PAL cameras (living an PAL-land) so I have no
experience with NTSC DV input.

Also, I have to admit that Graphedit will not give "true" fullscreen.
You can maximize its form, but there will still be the borders....

/Johan

Thanks though. It forced me to take a look at the DX SDK and the tools
available. Graphedit source code would be handy though!