VPN ports

May 6, 2004 7:58:39 PM

Is it possible to get the Win2k3 VPN server to listen on another port than
1723 for incoming PPTP connections?

Thx in advance

/Adam

More about : vpn ports

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 7:58:40 PM

AFAIK, that is not possible...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Adam" <adamyra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o g0I9I3MEHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Is it possible to get the Win2k3 VPN server to listen on another port than
> 1723 for incoming PPTP connections?
>
> Thx in advance
>
> /Adam

Anonymous
May 7, 2004 12:50:52 AM

Not without rewriting both the client and server portions of the
Windows XP VPN.. :)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 6 May 2004 15:42:13 -0500, "Sooner Al"
<SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote:

>AFAIK, that is not possible...
May 7, 2004 3:19:53 PM

On Thu, 06 May 2004 20:50:52 -0500, "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)"
<jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote:

>Not without rewriting both the client and server portions of the
>Windows XP VPN.. :)

The specific port number, 1723, is likely a constant that is coded
into the executable only once. You could use a hex editor to find it
and change it.

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

"You can all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
--David Crockett
!