gopal

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I have an application where my co workers to access a pc (remote access enabled one - Host ) where a specific program is installed. I understan that I cant go for a multi user previlage.I have created one power user and added for remote connection. But when one person accessing the server remotely things are ok. during the first one using if another man tries to login with the same login/passsword server just disconnects the first one and connects to the second man. Any wayout from this problem. please help. - Gopal .

Nope...that is by design...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Gopal" <kavyagopal@hotpop.com> wrote in message
>I have an application where my co workers to access a pc (remote access enabled one - Host ) where
>a specific program is installed. I understan that I cant go for a multi user previlage.I have
>created one power user and added for remote connection. But when one person accessing the server
>remotely things are ok. during the first one using if another man tries to login with the same
>login/passsword server just disconnects the first one and connects to the second man. Any wayout
>from this problem. please help. - Gopal .

gopal

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

is there any updates with which ican know the host computer being used by xyz hence one more remote login not possibe. or if i use the same login/password can show a message one is logged allready with the same username/password. I think this is a genuine requirement and not violating any security issues and microsoft should help in this matter.- Gopal
----- Sooner Al wrote: -----

Nope...that is by design...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Gopal" <kavyagopal@hotpop.com> wrote in message
>I have an application where my co workers to access a pc (remote access enabled one - Host ) where
>a specific program is installed. I understan that I cant go for a multi user previlage.I have
>created one power user and added for remote connection. But when one person accessing the server
>remotely things are ok. during the first one using if another man tries to login with the same
>login/passsword server just disconnects the first one and connects to the second man. Any wayout
>from this problem. please help. - Gopal .

I think Microsoft is hearing this feedback, but feel free to reinforce it: