Any utility to draw a border automatically ?

I need to put some photos on a website. I need to draw a border (black
or other colours) for all the photos. Instead of drawing manually with
MSPaint, is there any utilities out there that can automatically draw a
border ?

Thanks.

Marvin

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

dingdongdingding@yahoo.com wrote:
> I need to put some photos on a website. I need to draw a border (black
> or other colours) for all the photos. Instead of drawing manually with
> MSPaint, is there any utilities out there that can automatically draw a
> border ?
>
> Thanks.

Many image editors wuill do that, and so will Microsoft Publisher. If oyu have Publisher, you can lay out thr photos (with
borders or without) on the page, and add text. If you have a version from 2000 or later, you can save the page as an HTML file.

You can do the samre with Word, but it is easier to arrange the pictures in Publisher.

<dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I need to put some photos on a website. I need to draw a border (black
> or other colours) for all the photos. Instead of drawing manually with
> MSPaint, is there any utilities out there that can automatically draw a
> border ?
>
> Thanks.

Try Photoshop Elements 2.0. Available for purchase or bundled with scanners.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Paint shop pro can and I suspect many other packages.

<dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I need to put some photos on a website. I need to draw a border (black
> or other colours) for all the photos. Instead of drawing manually with
> MSPaint, is there any utilities out there that can automatically draw a
> border ?
>
> Thanks.

Malcolm

> I need to put some photos on a website. I need to draw a border (black
> or other colours) for all the photos. Instead of drawing manually with
> MSPaint, is there any utilities out there that can automatically draw a
> border ?

How about a different approach. Don't out the borders onto the photos. Use
HTML to apply the borders. If you use a style sheet, you define the borders
only once and it will be applied to all the photos.

Malcolm

Interesting. Can you point to me where I can get more information on
doing this ? Thanks.

Malcolm wrote:
> > I need to put some photos on a website. I need to draw a border
(black
> > or other colours) for all the photos. Instead of drawing manually
with
> > MSPaint, is there any utilities out there that can automatically
draw a
> > border ?
>
> How about a different approach. Don't out the borders onto the
photos. Use
> HTML to apply the borders. If you use a style sheet, you define the
borders
> only once and it will be applied to all the photos.
>
> Malcolm

Malcolm

> Interesting. Can you point to me where I can get more information on
> doing this ? Thanks.

Do a google search on for HTML tutorial and CSS tutorial. (CSS = cascading
style sheet).

Might be a bit of learning curve, but it is worth it. Define the border once
in the style sheet and it is applied to all the photos. Want to change all
borders. Change it once in the style sheet and the change is applied to all
the photos.

Malcolm

TRENDING THREADS