Studio AVDV Capture card from Pinnacle - Anybody know much..

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

A friend wants one of these, any good or bad points guyS?

Cheers

Tony

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"Tony" wrote ...
> A friend wants one of these, any good or bad points guyS?

You can do your own research using Google Groups, but my
recollection of several years hanging around here (r.v.d, r.v.p)
is that the Pinnacle products appear to be significantly more
probelmatic to people than other brands.

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "Tony" wrote ...
>
>>A friend wants one of these, any good or bad points guyS?

> You can do your own research using Google Groups, but my
> recollection of several years hanging around here (r.v.d, r.v.p)
> is that the Pinnacle products appear to be significantly more
> probelmatic to people than other brands.

Better yet... go to the webforums. There, you can see what problems and
solutions people have experienced. I myself used a Pinnacle DV500 for a
few years with no problems. I couldn't say the same for Matrox RT2500.
Now, I am using Liquid Edition, a software based NLE only requiring a
firewire input into your computer.
http://webboard.pinnaclesys.com/default.asp?lng=1
Go down to consumer webboard and select Studio.
I am using the Pinnacle Studio Moviebox DV as an input for analog work.
But I am not using the software.