DVD Recorder Menus and Editing - Are they "ok"?

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,alt.video.dvd.tech,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd.players,rec.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I have read that editing is very basic, would that be true?

Are the typical menus ok? I dont expect anything fancy, but would hope that
they are functional, and not too basic

I assume that I could set chapters?

Thanks to all

Tony

"Tony" <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> I have read that editing is very basic, would that be true?

I have one of the Panasonic DVD recorders with a built in Hard drive.
You can remove sections from the recordings (slop at the front and back, as
well as ad breaks)
You can also split clips into multiple segments, but you can't glue them
together.
The edits are not anywhere near frame accurate (within 1 second)

> Are the typical menus ok? I dont expect anything fancy, but would hope
that
> they are functional, and not too basic

They allow you to select titles, but are pretty ugly (at least on my unit)

> I assume that I could set chapters?

My unit doesn't allow chapter setting. I think it puts in iy's own every 5
seconds)

David